Author Topic: linkstation live LS-CH1.0TL - External Web access  (Read 4531 times)

Tikkaspecial

• Calf
linkstation live LS-CH1.0TL - External Web access
« on: April 12, 2009, 04:35:44 AM »

Hi,

I am a newbie and am not particularly network savvy.

I have my Linkstation setup and everything works a treat internally. However, I cannot get it to work from outside my network.  I have a UPnP router, I have forwarded port 9000 (correctly I think).

I do not have a static IP from my ISP.

Can anyone help? 

Tikkaspecial

• Calf
Re: linkstation live LS-CH1.0TL - External Web access
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 09:18:24 AM »

Firmware upgraded to 1.07

Home PC has Vista Home.

Downloaded PFPortChecker - it says that 9000 is not open.  I have trawled the internet and tried dozens of things but does not seem to recognise that this port has been forwarded, so should be open.

jeffla

• Tatanka
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 10:16:06 AM »

The problem is within your router settings.  What brand model router are you using?  You must not have port forwarding setup correctly, if so, online scanners would report port 9000 open.  But I believe you know that already.  Maybe someone has the same router as you and can provide some settings assistance.

Jeff

Tikkaspecial

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 12:09:17 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

I have a Philips SNV6520 (provided by ISP). I have checked on the internet and have done the Port Forwarding as instructed on their (in 'Virtual Server'). 

The thing that puzzles me is that PFPortChecker pre-fills the IP address as 192.168.1.3. My Linkstation has been manually assigned 192.168.1.111  I have tried forwarding port 9000 for both of these but to no avail.  I don't know if it is significant but PFPortChecker also reports that UDP 9000 is open (with or without the changes in 'Virtual Server').

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 01:02:05 PM »
Is there an option when you're forwarding port 9000 on your router to use both TCP and UDP?

Tikkaspecial

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:25:07 AM »

Yes, I have tried all combinations.  I have also opened other ports (in the same way) as a test and these open with no problem. I read one post that suggested that some ISPs prevent the opening of certain ports. So maybe that's what is happening here??

I have tried specifying a different port number on the Linkstation setup but if I do this I cannot even get web access internally (within the network).

I am stumped!

Tikkaspecial

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 01:09:31 PM »

Fixed. Turns out that 9000 is a reserved port. I forwarded 9000 to 9001, then specified 9001 as the Port on the Linkstation config (non-UPNP).

I guess its simple if you know what you are doing (which I don't!).

Thanks guys!