Author Topic: Linkstation Web Admin not working  (Read 4667 times)

andrea

• Calf
Linkstation Web Admin not working
« on: April 10, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »

model number: LS-CH500L 

firmware revision: not available

Hi, the linkstation is not accesible via web admin.

the unit reply to ping request ma not to browser.

led is fixed blue.

i tried turn off, wait 90sec, than hold function button and turn on and then realese function button after 6sec, without success. 

Linknavigator discover the unit, then i select the linkstation, show the ip address, but failed mapping (remote default share is missing).

any suggest?

Thank you

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Web Admin not working
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »
You have to update the firmware since it's corrupted. Download the file here and after file extraction run the lsupdater.exe with the following icon . Try that and let us know how it works out.

andrea

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 12:03:32 AM »

It's working! firmware update finish with an error but web admin is now possible. I start a disk erase to check integrity and after 9 hrs is only at 30%. is this correct? usually how many time erasing need?

thank you very much for you help.

andrea

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 01:48:03 PM »
It shouldn't be taking that long. What error message came up at the end of the firmware update? You could also try going into the web admin and go to Maintenance->Initialization->Restore

andrea

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 02:59:22 AM »

Erase take 12hrs but ended fine. Format option was disable and now it came back. The error message was something about "update could not be completed" but the firmware is now 1.07 and if I try again it dosn't start because it is not necessary. Anyway everything seem to work correctly so thank you very much for the support and cross fingers!