Author Topic: 500GB LinkStation Live LS-CHL Firmware upgrade failure  (Read 4248 times)

f3hunter

• Calf
500GB LinkStation Live LS-CHL Firmware upgrade failure
« on: March 30, 2009, 09:22:38 PM »

Hey Gents,

For the most part, my unit has been working like a charm. Other than the quirky issue's this latest firmware was supposed to address.

So to fix these issue's. I upgraded the firmware as I did last time and I had no issue's. After I updated the unit, the unit restarted to a sequence of 6 flashing red lights (Not good) evidently hrd drive partition is not being recognized?

Once I hit the option button on the front of the unit All lights turn blue. But the unit cannot be found anywhere on my network via a scanner or my NAS software. Cannot locate/ping unit in any way. I have tried direct connect via X-over and connection through a hub. no luck. I have tried 192.168.11.00 range to no avail. This update has appeared to brich the unit.

If i can't fix this unit I at least need to get my data off of it to transfer to a more reliable system..Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message Edited by f3hunter on 03-30-2009 09:24 PM
Message Edited by f3hunter on 03-30-2009 09:25 PM

f3hunter

• Calf
Re: 500GB LinkStation Live LS-CHL Firmware upgrade failure
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:32:42 PM »

Ok, Problem solved. I went to this thread TFTP and DL'd the appropriate tool and changed my IP to 192.168.11.1 as suggested. Everything fell right into place and the firmware update took. The unit is back up and running like new.

Sometimes re-reading through these forums allows u to find something you missed before.