Author Topic: Linkstation Live.  (Read 8648 times)

Mattwhit28

• Calf
Linkstation Live.
« on: March 29, 2009, 09:23:02 AM »

Hi i have a linkstation Live HS-DH500GL s/n 99883471108055G

I'm having a couple of issues with the unit 

1 -  For some reason my unit has entered EM mode ( maybe a powercut has caused this ) but i can't fix this issue, as the unit will not let me reinstall the firmware

2 - this morning the unit went into error mode flashing SIX times. 

Can anyone help?

tanjl

• El Toro
Re: Linkstation Live.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 09:27:25 PM »

Hi,

There's no documentation on the Linkstation error LED blinking 6x

Error (red) light:

• E00 (no light, beep only) - MPU error
  • E01 - DRAM data line error
  • E02 - DRAM address line error
  • E03 - RTC chip error
  • E04 - flash error
  • E10 - UPS power loss
  • E11 - fan error (RPM too low or stopped altogether)
  • E12 - cooling error (unable to remove heat by the fan)
  • E15 - disk error
  • E16 - unable to locate internal HDD
  • E17 - unable to communicate with the RTC chip
  • E21 - unable to communicate with the Phy chip
  • E22 - mount error

Pls run NAS Navigator and see if it can detect the Linkstation.

If Nas Navigator can detect the drive, pls check the Ip address and check if there is any firmware version shown.

Mattwhit28

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 04:59:37 AM »
   NAS navigator can't detect the linkstation, but I do know that just before all went wrong the firmware disapeared and all that was in the box was   ------- instead of v1.2

Captuk

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 05:26:31 AM »

Mate try this very similiar to what happened to mine.

I Uninstalled all of the Buffalo Link Station Software, Restarted machine Then download Loaded Both Latest 2.11 Navi and Firmware.

Installed Latest Navi then restarted PC. After that then Updated the Firmware (2.11) used the lsupdater that is with the Firmware.

Updated fine then restarted Hey presto all works Now.

Good Luck.

Mattwhit28

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 06:22:52 AM »

Everytime I turn  on the linkstation after about 10 seconds a alarm sounds and the error light flashes six times.  I've tried to install all the software and reinstall as instructed but still can't find linkstation

This unit has worked great for over 8 months.  Does anyone know of any ways to get the info off the hard drive or to reset the entire unit and loose all data? 

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:15:49 PM »

First of all did you try booting the NAS into EM? Hold down the reset button while powering the device on and a chime should sound. Once that happens you can let go of the reset button. Try the NAS Navi, is the device seen? If so, run the firmware updater.

If all fails you can attempt a data recovery by booting your computer with the HDD from the LS with Knoppix however, we don't support/guarantee data recovery methods such as this for a number of reasons. We can still however, suggest it. Another resource to try would be ufsexplorer. Please make sure that you read the documentation with these tools mainly because if they're improperly used they can cause more harm than good.

Mattwhit28

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 01:53:07 PM »
   My linkststation went into EM mode without me doing anything, that was the initial fault.  I had a power cut causing this fault, so I reinstalled the firmware as there wasn't one present just a ------ in the box on Nav.  Then before I could complete this the fault light come on so everytime I turn on the unit after a few seconds the unit starts beeping and on my network discovery all that is said is " discovering with limited access " but the Nav can't find the linkstation

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 01:56:36 PM »
Try the manual boot into EM (hold down the reset button and power on unit) and perform a firmware update at that time if possible. Otherwise, you could try the TFTP boot option for the device found here. It is possible that the boot image for the NAS is lost.

Mattwhit28

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 02:13:54 PM »

Done the TFTP boot but doesn't go any further than " accepting requests " my NAV still can't see the LS and the red error LED is still flashing along with a tone.

I did the manual book too, holding down the reset and starting up the unit 

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 02:22:52 PM »
I'm afraid then that I am out of options. You'll have to try the data recovery solutions in my previous post in this thread.

Mattwhit28

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 02:30:58 PM »

Ive just come across a site which explains the fault lights.  Six flashes means the LS is unable to locate the HDD or it can't be recognized.

Thanks for you help, was much appreciated   : )