Author Topic: Who have any out of warranty products, how buffalo service?  (Read 4139 times)

dolphinbuff

• Calf
Who have any out of warranty products, how buffalo service?
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:08:15 AM »

How buffalo suggest about products that reach the end of warranty? I've LS-CH500L and its reach the end of

warranty I need to change new drive, I asked the question about how to change and how to manage partition

there's no anything return. How can I do with my device? How to manage new drive, new partition? Thanks

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Who have any out of warranty products, how buffalo service?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 11:21:41 AM »
You can put I new drive it in that matches the specs of the one that you wanna replace.  Only do this if it is out of warranty.

dolphinbuff

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 11:41:22 AM »

My new drive have no partition, only put it inside LS box then it's not detect. There's no anything happen.

That the point I try to asked the question. How to manage system if no partion create? Your answer is not

clear and can't solve any problem. Thanks.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 01:03:32 PM »
Buffalo does not repair products outside of warranty. You can put in a new HDD and then you would have to attempt a TFTP boot (instructions are here) in order to place the boot image on to that HDD. If this option does not work for you then I would suggest purchase of a new product. However, I might also add that since this is a CHL series so basically it shouldn't be out of warranty. Unless I miss my guess these devices were released in late summer/early fall 2008 in the US. Since you've changed out the drive though I guess this is irrelevant.

dolphinbuff

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 11:22:14 PM »

It's ok. Thanks. I'll try it. May be I have to buy your new item every year (just kidding). My last device LS CHL

I can use it for 3 month, so I just only find the way to solve when out of warranty. Or buy new one. Thanks again.

dolphinbuff

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 11:18:10 PM »
   I solved all with Debug Mode. Eveything OK.