Author Topic: DH320GL Slow Loading Office 2007 Documents - HELP!  (Read 2842 times)

kjarrett

• Calf
DH320GL Slow Loading Office 2007 Documents - HELP!
« on: March 21, 2009, 08:06:54 PM »

Hi folks,

I have a DH320GL with the latest firmware (just flashed). The drive is 41% full. LAN uses full Gigabit components including a DLink DIR-655 router and high quality Cat6 cabling. I've given the Linkstaton's a static IP via the DLink router. (I've always done that with my Linkstations, is that a bad idea?)

Performance of this NAS has always been good but this particular one is a warranty replacement for one that went bad nine months ago. 

Lately I have noticed that Office 2007 documents are taking an exceptionally long time to fully load. This happens with every system on my LAN. The file loads fast enough but the application (Word, etc.) is unresponsive for several seconds (8-10 depending on file size). These are NOT large files, they are basic documents. Anyway once the application starts responding, performance is good. All Office Updates have been applied.

I thought flashing the firmware would help but it has not. Browsing the DH320GL via Explorer is very fast. I have had no other problems up to now. What can I check? I have verified that the same files, when loaded locally via my desktop, open and are ready to use instantly.

Thanks,

-kj-

Message Edited by kjarrett on 03-21-2009 08:20 PM

kjarrett

• Calf
Re: DH320GL Slow Loading Office 2007 Documents - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 08:01:37 PM »
   ...anyone?

kjarrett

• Calf
Re: DH320GL Slow Loading Office 2007 Documents - HELP!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 04:46:24 PM »
   Support fixed it. Issue was I needed to map the drive using the IP address, not a named share. Working fine now.