Author Topic: LS-CHL Bittorrent client doesn't work  (Read 5510 times)

valley_nomad

• Calf
LS-CHL Bittorrent client doesn't work
« on: March 09, 2009, 07:13:02 PM »

I got a LS-CHL 1TB with firmware 1.07. Its Bittorrent doesn't work. I loaded the bt file. It generates the directory for the loading, but then showed 0 peer and 0 seed. The same torrent file worked ok (i.e. down loading correctly) with other BT client running on the pc connected to the same router. I set the port to the one that was used by the other client and so it is definitely not blocked by my Internet service provider. I forwarded the port on my router. Then I checked it with a web-based port checker and found that it was not open at all. So I think the Bittorrent client on this LS-CHL is not working properly. It didn't work with firmware v1.06 either. I am wondering if anyone had the same issue? BUffalo tech support seemed not aware of the problem at all.

Another issue is that the changes made and saved to the Bittorrent's Settings page, such as port setting and bandwidth management will be discarded once the box is reset.

Update:
Almost resolved. Please see my post on 3/14/09
Message Edited by valley_nomad on 03-14-2009 03:57 AM

dolphinbuff

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL Bittorrent client doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 10:47:35 PM »

I've the same problem to you. I've loaded torrent file normally until yesterday. I've switch on and wait for ready

to load but its appear download 0 upload 0 for half a day. I'm wating for anyone who can solve this or technician

from buffalo to have this problem in your responsibility. Thanks.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:46:51 PM »
You need to forward the port in your router to the Linkstation's ip address. Make sure this is configured properly.

Scorch

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »

This firmware is not support private bittorrent yet. You can try with another tracter.

I waiting for new firmware too!

valley_nomad

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 12:40:20 AM »

I am sure that I set the router correctly to forward the port. It was also a public bittorrent site.... It seems difficult to convince Buffalo that there is a problem ;-(

dolphinbuff

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 06:04:31 AM »

I've solved this already. It's only change the target folder for torrents file download. It's work for me. Before I have

this problem I can used it without any port forward solution, may be it's simple than you think. IT'S ONLY CHANGE

TARGET FOLDER. I confirmed.

Message Edited by dolphinbuff on 03-12-2009 06:08 AM

valley_nomad

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 03:52:08 AM »

Thanks to dolphinbuff. The workaround is indeed effective:

On Bittorrent page, under BitTorrent Setting, change the Target folder to "share" instead of "share/bittorrent". It then will work!

Message Edited by valley_nomad on 03-14-2009 11:34 PM