Author Topic: LinkStation Pro Duo not showing 1Gb connection  (Read 3887 times)

dbjock

• Calf
LinkStation Pro Duo not showing 1Gb connection
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:07:46 PM »

I attached my Linkstation Pro Duo (LS-WTGL/R1) to my Netgear GS105 5 port Gigabit switch and powered it up, and the switches lights show it's connecting at 100mb not 1GB. BTW the firm ware is 3.07 and there are 2 USB ports on the back.

I've read the posts in here about "jumbo frames" though I find it interesting that my various systems with NIC's *do not* have jumbo frames support enabled. When they are connected to the switch it shows they are connecting at 1Gb.

So why isn't the Linkstation Pro connecting at 1Gb?

Jason

• El Toro
Re: LinkStation Pro Duo not showing 1Gb connection
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:34:16 AM »
It auto detects, I would suggest updating to the latest firmware as well as perhaps trying a different cable/switch. Maybe, try it directly connected into the lan port of a pc and see what the LS recognizes the connection as. You can check this under System Status--> Network Information. If it detects a gig connection otherwise, it may just be some odd compatibility issue.

dbjock

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Pro Duo not showing 1Gb connection
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 05:53:41 PM »

Thank you for the info. The one thing I did not think of, which is the simpliest was changing the network cable. I suppose the cable that was in the box wasn't good enough for 1GB.

I switched to a cable that I know was working at 1Gb.

Thank you again.