Author Topic: Not able to access Link Station Live 500 GB network storage drive  (Read 9268 times)

hardik

• Calf

I am not able to see in my Vista(32bit) laptop nor able to reach its admin console. I was using this till yesterday without any issue.  How ever NAS Navigator finds it but cant open a shared folder or change an IP.  I am able to ping it on the network . I  tried multiple times changing ethernet cable, router ports and even shutting down both Link station and PC but did not help.

It is completely not accessible to me , I see both Power and Network lights up. not sure what is wrong .

hardik

• Calf
Re: Not able to access Link Station Live 500 GB network storage drive
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 03:42:56 PM »

I have HS-DL type Unit, still not able to access the unit at all .  I even tried hitting reset button on the back , but no change.

Captuk

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:00:29 PM »

Mine is also doing the same , was working fine until Friday Now cant access it as above.

Ive got Power light on and Link/act light on.

Please if any one knows hope to get past this and get it working.

hardik

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »

I also see power and Link LEDs active (on) but no access so far. I even tried using cross - over cable but I could not see any share on the drive except printers . It was strange that IP picked up by NAS Navigator (when I as attached using static IP was different ) than IP I was able to ping the unit.

Its strange that NAS Navigator is able to find Unit each time but not Windows .  Mine is also out from Friday.

Anybody?

hardik

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 08:25:23 PM »

Turns out my Link Station Live Unit is in EM Mode. I even tried flashing Firmware Upgrade but shows error that communication cant be established between Unit and PC. I even enabled the ports mentioned in the manual 8873 and 22xxx . still no luck..

Since I tried resetting does it mean I lose all data?

tanjl

• El Toro
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 08:55:27 PM »

Hi hardik,

You can see the Buffalo unit in the Nas Navigator and that means you are able to see the IP address and firmware information. Check the IP address and then set a static IP on yout Vista computer to match the same address range of the Buffalo unit. eg: Linkstation's Ip is 192.168.1.100, you should set your computer's Ip address to 192.168.1.123.

Pls make sure yout Windows defender or any other firewalls are switched off temporarily when performing this task.

Pls double-check when you run Nas Navigator, is the Link LED on the Linkstation flickering.

hardik

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 09:18:33 PM »
   I downloaded the new NAS Navigator software and it mentions my Unit is in EM mode.  Firmware info is now shown.  I cant seem to download firmware using Vista , it mentions cant communicate with  Link Station.  I even tried calling Buffalo Tech support and was on hold for about 45 minutes before I gave up.

hardik

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 09:19:10 PM »

In my previous post - I meant firmware information is "not" shown. 

Captuk

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 10:21:22 PM »

Firmware or Work Group is not shown.

Very strange this that we have the same problem, im running vista ultimate with avg virus protection. if that makes any difference.

Has there been a Windows update recently?

Captuk

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 02:45:09 AM »

Right ive just sorted it.

I Uninstalled all of the Buffalo Link Station Software, Restarted machine Then download Loaded Both Latest 2.11 Navi and Firmware.

Installed Latest Navi then restarted PC. After that then Updated the Firmware (2.11) used the lsupdater that is with the Firmware.

Updated fine then restarted Hey presto all works Now.

Good Luck.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 12:43:19 PM »
Good call Captuk that's what I was going to suggest.

hardik

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 03:37:25 PM »

Were you able to get all data back? i am not able to flash the firmware it mentions connection to PC cant be established?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 03:40:55 PM »
So you run the firmware update locally (on your PC) and it displays an error "Connection to PC cannot be established"?

hardik

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »

Yes, I closed defender and still the same.  I tried static IP, DHCP but no luck. I even tried adding a debug mode to ls updater(as suggested by Buffalo website) and tried forcing the firmware upgrade but error shown is still the same.

I wonder what PORT is being used to send the firmware?  I enabled two ports as suggested by user guide, but so far results are the same. Each time I try calling Tech support I spend about 30 minutes on hold  it sabout 6th time in two days.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 05:27:50 PM »
Okay, if you run NAS Navigator what does it show for information? IP Address (what's your computer IP address in relation?)? Firmware? Hostname?