Author Topic: Not able to access Link Station Live 500 GB network storage drive  (Read 9274 times)

hardik

• Calf
Re: Not able to access Link Station Live 500 GB network storage drive
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2009, 01:16:44 AM »

I cant even upgrade/change firmware on it, Vista simply wont be able to talk to the station, even after disabling firewall and all other blocking software.

Anybody , facing similar issue? I just want to retrieve my stored data back. I  called buffalo tech support about 10-15 times each time waiting for 30 mins + hold time and eventually tired and giving up, do they have any data recovery support in case needed?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Not able to access Link Station Live 500 GB network storage drive
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »

hardik wrote:

I cant even upgrade/change firmware on it, Vista simply wont be able to talk to the station, even after disabling firewall and all other blocking software.

Anybody , facing similar issue? I just want to retrieve my stored data back. I  called buffalo tech support about 10-15 times each time waiting for 30 mins + hold time and eventually tired and giving up, do they have any data recovery support in case needed?

We do not perform data recovery service in the event of a devicefailure. If you need to perform an RMA you will need to contact ourtechnical support by phone (peak hours are usually around 12pm and 6pmCDT). Our hold times will get bad from time to time I'll admit that however waiting 30+ minutes 10-15 times should have got you through at some point. For a third party data recovery center I would recommend www.datatechlab.com" target=_blank>Data Tech Lab.