Author Topic: New Shared Folders see limited disk space  (Read 3944 times)

khanmann

• Calf
New Shared Folders see limited disk space
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:51:46 PM »

All,

When creating new shared folders on Limitation Live LS-CH1.0L,  these new shared folders only access/see 5G of the 1T drive.  Same as default "Info" share.

Using Windows XP SP3..

When creating these,  I could not select Volume dropped down..."Disk 1"  as in the default "Shared" share folder,  which does see the complete drive space.

Thoughts....am I missing something.

I also can not delete these user created shared folders....no check box in table to select.

kevin

• El Toro
Re: New Shared Folders see limited disk space
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:00:40 PM »

Windows cannot read the XFS filesystem and it makes it harder that it is over a network... In general do NOT count on Windows giving your accurate info on the unit as far as drive capacity and such.

I as far as I know you should be able to put more that "5" gigs in any giving folder not matter what Win sees, but I deffinetly try doing a copy and paste of over 5 gigs just to make sure as this could be a bug in the FW since you are not given the option to delete it.

What Firmware version are you running? Have you tried upgrading it?

khanmann

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 06:16:31 PM »

It wioll not let me copy more data.  I can use the default "Shared" share,  but not create my own.  The FW is 1.06....there is a 1.07.  I will upgrade firmware.

I was unaware of formatting....

Thanks

Kevin

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 07:37:05 PM »
Yes, there is a 1.07 (at least for North America), which you can download from the downloads section in this site.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 12:15:44 PM »

We've seen this issue before. If updating the firmware doesn't help, force the firmware update with all four config options checked... "Rebuild partition table" will remove all data, so make sure you have a backup! The force update procedure is here:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=277&query.id=43023#M277

khanmann

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 10:13:18 AM »

Colin,

Performed the suggested rebuit with 1.07 firmware.  It looks to have worked....except can not tell all menus have squres where letters should be...some kind of stange font,  like WingDings or something.

Where the "Volume pulldown is loos to have a value...again all text squares.

Thoughts why?

Getting closer :)

Thanks, Kevin

khanmann

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 12:09:07 PM »

All,

Have resolution.  Firmware upgrade caused incorrect language setup.  Going to "Basic" page,  then changing Text Display settings to English and CP437 solved issue

all is working as expected.

Thanks for help...