Author Topic: Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo with function button - Used Id and password forgotten  (Read 4683 times)

rcislandlake

• Calf

Hi Tech 

I have had this BL ProDuo (with Func-button) for a long time. I have not needed until now. All my files are in that harddrive and I just can't remember user Id and password for webadmin page or ftp.. And my laptop were I kept those info, crashed.. so pretty annoying situation.. Can U help me ? Maybe there was a solution for this in some other thread, but I don't know how to find that..

Yours rc

Jotin

• Big Bull
   You can go into the web admin to change all the passwords back to default. Go to the ip address of the unit through a web browswer and it will bring up a log in page. The default admin username/password this is admin/password. If that has been changed then you need to reset the unit. You can reset it by turning off the unit, holding down the function button for 10 seconds, while you continue to hold the function button, flip the switch to on, and then let go of the function button and then just press it once. From there you can log in and reset all of your user names and passwords to get back to your data.

rcislandlake

• Calf

Many many thanks to you !! After couple of magical attempts (trying to solve timing of pushing) I managed to acces admin page. Now I make those admin and psw easier to remember..

rc