Author Topic: Using Norton 360 for backing up my desktop drive to the Linkstation Duo Pro  (Read 3952 times)

ask

• Calf

I have  Norton 360, which offers backup capability.   However, under backup destination, my Linkstation Duo appears but is greyed out.  Under Norton help, it indicates that I should be able to back up to a network drive.  The Linkstation is directly connected via ethernet to the computer, not through a router.  I can access all the files on the Linkstation.   Does anyone know why it would be greyed out or has experience backing up wtih Norton 360 to the Linkstation?

Here is what Norton 360 help says:

Network drive

You can use this choice if your PC is connected to a local network that offers a storage location to which you have access. Depending on the speed of your network, this choice can be almost as fast as backing up to an internal or external drive.

This choice does not appear if your PC is not connected to a network that offers a storage device to which you have access.

I am running Vista.

Thanks,

Anil

JoshC

• Big Bull

Ask,

well ive never heard of using 360 but i will tell you that you can use any third party software for back up.  Just google for a back-up and do some reading on it and pick whatever is more to you liking.

ask

• Calf

Hi.  I rebooted and it seems to work fine.   Must have been something to do with going in and out of sleep mode.

thanks.