Author Topic: Terastation Pro II (model #: TS-H0.0TGL/R5): boot problem  (Read 9350 times)

SGTSCOTT

• Calf
Terastation Pro II (model #: TS-H0.0TGL/R5): boot problem
« on: March 07, 2009, 10:02:10 AM »

I recently placed four brand new 1Tb hard disk drives into my Terastation Pro II (model #: TS-H0.0TGL/R5).  The problem is this: 1) whenever I try to boot the terastation with the drives in it will hang on "System now booting...." 2) when I try to boot in EM mode it says "System EM mode Booting...." 3) If I have no drives in it it will try to boot into TFTP mode, but since the link on your website is broken I can't download "TFTP Boot Recovery-TS_ProII-1.202.exe" 4) The firmware updater will not recognize the station at all. 5) I cannot ping the device even though it has been reset to all defaults 6) The NASNAVIGATOR cannot detect the device nor can I log into it through the internet explorerMy question is this...How do I go about either formating these HDD's into XFS format (so the device may detect the drives) or have the firmware updater connect to my station to format the drivesI really need to get this thing up and runningThanks for the help.

Kevin

kevin

• El Toro
Re: Terastation Pro II (model #: TS-H0.0TGL/R5): boot problem
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 07:25:10 PM »

What size were the original drives?

*Keep in mind: The HDDs hold half of the FW so if you have drives with no FW on them the unit will not boot.

SGTSCOTT

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 10:52:57 PM »
   The original drives were also 1Tb. I have forced the unit to finally take the firmware update (it was a pain though) and it now boots with no problems.  However, when I go to the web admin page it is only showing up with a bunch of little squares wherever the writing should be.  The funny thing is I can log in and navigate through the web admin page, but I can't read anything.  Any idea's would be helpful.

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 04:28:13 PM »

It is Japanese!

To change to language back to English:

-Click on the icon directly underneath "TOP" (This is the "Basic" page; the icon is a piece of paper with the corner folded).

-Change the last drop down box to "English" and press the "apply" button which is in the lower left hand corner. It can take up to 2 full minutes for the language to change, so if the page refreshes and is still not English wait a minute or two and then refresh it.

-Then go to "Basic" again and change the second to last drop down box (Windows Client Language) to "CP437 US and Canada".

If it still is not in English:

-Go to the icon on the left with the wrench and screw driver (Maintenance), and click on the last sub link (Initialization).

-Then restore to factory defaults by pressing the button in the middle of the screen and type in the four digit confirmation code on the next page.

-Repeat steps above.

SGTSCOTT

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 11:22:45 PM »
   That seemed to do the trick.  Thank you very much for your help.

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 03:39:16 PM »
not a problem, glad you got that working!