Author Topic: Language reset to Japanese after firmware update  (Read 5575 times)

kcmjr

• Calf
Language reset to Japanese after firmware update
« on: October 06, 2008, 01:42:49 PM »
   I just upgraded the firmware on my TeraStation Pro rackmount.  As a result I cant read anything on the management page.  Anyone seen this before?  Is there some way to get back to English?  I have yet to find any information.

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Re: Language reset to Japanese after firmware update
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 04:12:50 PM »

Try following these steps to change the device back to English:

1. Connect to the web configuration utility by entering the TeraStation's IP address in a web browser.
2. In the column of blue items on the left hand side, select the second link.
3. Under the first header are two text fields; enter or modify the text in the second.
4. Under the third header, the first entry is a radio selection with two options; select the one on the right.
5. Under the fourth header (with two menu/pulldown boxes beneath it),set both menu boxes to the second entry in the list (the second menubox should say cp437).
6. Click the button, and close and reopen the browser.

kcmjr

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 07:14:57 PM »
   Thanks Matt, that got me back wher I needed to be.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »

Matt_M wrote:

Try following these steps to change the device back to English:

1. Connect to the web configuration utility by entering the TeraStation's IP address in a web browser.
2. In the column of blue items on the left hand side, select the second link.
3. Under the first header are two text fields; enter or modify the text in the second.
4. Under the third header, the first entry is a radio selection with two options; select the one on the right.
5. Under the fourth header (with two menu/pulldown boxes beneath it), set both menu boxes to the second entry in the list (the second menu box should say cp437).
6. Click the button, and close and reopen the browser.

Sometimes you will not be able to select the second option out of the second drop down menu after a firmware update (as I found with a customer today). After applying the changes and following the rest of the steps the language DID change back to English. We did an initialization (by holding the reset button for 15 secs.) prior to changing the language back but that's all there is to it in the event someone should stumble across this.

Message Edited by Dustrega on 12-22-2008 03:27 PM

Dedos

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 11:19:37 PM »

this worked for me.

Thanks!