Author Topic: Flashing LED Drive Indicator  (Read 5192 times)

Rowland

• Calf
Flashing LED Drive Indicator
« on: November 19, 2008, 11:15:52 PM »

I have a Drive Station Duo, 1TB.  The LED indicator for the number "2" drive flashes red continously with no interruptions.  Does anyone have any idea what error code this is?

Thanks.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Flashing LED Drive Indicator
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »
Drive 2 is bad or disconnected from the RAID

Rowland

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 06:34:32 PM »

Paul wrote:
Drive 2 is bad or disconnected from the RAID

Thanks for the info.

Rowland

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 05:24:27 PM »
   Here is a followup on the #2 drive LED flashing red.  It appears that the firmware in the drive station was performing a comparison on drive 2.  It took approximately 15 - 18 hours (yes, hours) for it to complete the work after which the drive and the LEDs went back to normal operation.  It finished while I was away from the system so I don't have an exact time on how long it took to do the work. 
Message Edited by Rowland on 01-13-2009 05:25 PM
Message Edited by Rowland on 01-13-2009 05:27 PM
Message Edited by Rowland on 01-13-2009 05:27 PM

Vasja

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 07:06:52 AM »

I also have this problem. But the strange thing is, when i first connected DriveStation Quatro 4TB there was no red LED, than i've made RAID5 and formated it to NTFS, now the red LED on number 1 keeps blinking. I've reformated DriveStation to RAID1 than LED 2 and 4 kept blinking...

Is this really normal?

Rowland

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 07:44:30 PM »

I have the 1TB Drive Station and when the red LED started flashing I discovered that it was doing a comparison between the two drives.  It took over 18 hours if I remember correctly.  Your station is four times larger than mine is and I would let a 4TB unit go for several days before I became concerned.  These large stations take a huge amount of time to do their housekeeping.

I was able to get a catalog listing of the files on the drive using Windows File Explorer and a display of the properties of the drive while it was in the flashing red LED mode so I just gave it some more time to do its work as it appeared the drive was reading and writing data without any problems.  I realize it's a computer and that doesn't always nean anything.   Eventually the flashing red LED ceased and the station has been fine ever since.

Rowland