Author Topic: Linkstation Pro Duo cannot add printer with Vista  (Read 5310 times)

draidt

• Calf
Linkstation Pro Duo cannot add printer with Vista
« on: November 10, 2008, 06:03:21 AM »

First post here and here is my problem.

I have a 3 PC home network and have been able to configure my Canon MP830 that is plugged into the NAS fine with 2 XP machines the one with Vista configures manually but never can print out anything. Always get a printing error after awhile in the printer queue.  HELP

Thanks

Message Edited by draidt on 11-10-2008 06:03 AM
Message Edited by draidt on 11-10-2008 06:04 AM

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo cannot add printer with Vista
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »
You should be able to browse to the LP folder and right click to connect a printer.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 06:46:11 AM »
   You probably have it mapped through Vista with the Hostname, as far as im aware there is a problem with the DNS compatibilty. Go to Control Panel => Printers => Add a network printer and manually point Vista to the linkstation printer server using the IP address (\\192.168.x.x\lp) Obviously make sure the drivers are installed on the Vista PC and that you can print from this Vista machine while the printer is directly connected.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

monk

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 06:37:37 AM »

Hello im having the same problem. I have a linkstation pro duo 2TB and im attaching a lexmark x2480. This is an all in one printer.

I have tried directly adding the ip instead of dns name. Still doesnt work. Does the linkstation only support inkjet/laser printers rather than "all in ones"?

any help appreciated.

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 07:13:45 AM »
Yes, multifunction printers are not supported.

pgkuchar

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 07:03:02 PM »

I'm having a similar problem but with Windows XP SP2 and the Canon MultiPass F30.  The print files goes to the print queue, but gets hung there permanently paused.  I can't seem to get the server to do anything with it.  The print server is enabled and I've tried readding the print server a couple times with no effect.

Is this another case of the multifunction printer not being supported?  Because if so, why not?  A printer is a printer.

monk

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 05:13:56 AM »

Well i have got a new printer now purely a photo printer no scanner etc. Still not working as it should. Installed the right drivers. Enabled print server. Restarted. Tried connecting through 192.168.x.x\lp etc....

Strange :) ill keep working on it.