Author Topic: Read only user setting  (Read 4975 times)

kj-swf

• Calf
Read only user setting
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:15:10 PM »

I have an LS-WTGLC80 and my question is this: I have a specific folder that I have set up to be accessed by 3 users with full access, which works correctly locally and via the web access feature. I have another user that I have set as having read only access. However, when I log in via web access as the restricted user, I can still upload files and delete existing files in the folder I've set this user to only have read only access for. After that, I removed that user's name from the read only column completely (he's now in the right-hand column on the restrictions section, which I would assume would mean he couldn't even see the folder). I cleared my internet history, cache, cookies, temp files, etc. then logged back in via web access as that same user and could still access the folder with all permissions. The folder itself is set as read/write but shouldn't I be able to restrict which users have specific access permissions to specific folders? Please help!

Thank you!

Jason

• El Toro
Re: Read only user setting
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 07:16:01 AM »
Not if you've selected your Web Access setting to be allow all groups and users. In that case any user that's been created on the LS would be able to log in and read/write to the LS.

kj-swf

• Calf
Re: Read only user setting
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »
   I changed the Web Access Settings for the folder in question to "Use Inherited Folder Permissions" - solved everything. Thank you!