Author Topic: Changing Hard Drive - LS Live v2 upgrade problem w/ Vista x64  (Read 2699 times)

sterfield

  • Calf
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Changing Hard Drive - LS Live v2 upgrade problem w/ Vista x64
« on: February 27, 2009, 04:16:26 am »
   

Hi there,

 

I need some help. One week ago, I accidently drop my box to the floor, causing a total disk failure. I decided to buy a new one, and manage to order exactly the same drive.

 

I receive it few days ago, and plugged it into my box. I first planned to use TFTP "pulling file" method, but no chance, the box did not pull the files (even when directly connected to the box with a crossover cable, and using static IP address 192.168.11.1).

 

Finally, I manage to enter into EM mode, by creating the boot partition and copying uImage.buffalo + initrd.buffalo. Then the LSUpdater 2.11 find my box BUT it doesn't manage to correctly update it.

 

Every time I click on the "update" button, it send me an error message "couldn't confirm a response of the LiveStation ..."

 

I'm using vista x64, and I begin to have serious doubts about the possibility to correctly upgrade a Buffalo box with that OS.

 

Is my problem related to the OS ? Must I select a specific compatibility mode ?

 

Thanks for your help.

Message Edited by sterfield on 02-27-2009 05:53 PM

Colin137

  • Big Bull
  • *****
  • Posts: 1125
Re: Changing Hard Drive - LS Live v2 upgrade problem
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 04:24:53 pm »
Try using compatibility mode for windows XP. Also, try the force procedure with all four config options checked. Before updating, verify that your software firewalls are disabled, and that you can ping the device.

sterfield

  • Calf
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Re: Changing Hard Drive - LS Live v2 upgrade problem
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 05:52:41 pm »
   

Hi and thanks for your answer.

 

I always put a static IP 192.168.11.1, disabling firewalls and antivirus, and directly connect to the box. Ping was successful

 

I tried Windows XP compatibility, and also Windows 2000 one. I also tried with Administrator rights. Still no luck. Same with force options.

 

Finally, I find a computer under Windows XP, and all the upgrade went without a single error.

 

Guess it's related to my OS or something installed.

 

Anyway, problem solved.

 

Thanks for your help.