Author Topic: Linkstation Pro Duo - FTP Questions.  (Read 4403 times)

klaborde

• Calf
Linkstation Pro Duo - FTP Questions.
« on: February 27, 2009, 04:49:59 PM »

Hello,

I setup FTP on a Shared Folder.

I also setup a users I want to have Read Only Access.

Now that I have set this up, my 3 computers on my local network can't connect to the share.

If I understand the documentation correctly, I need to have my XP PC logon's match the same profiles

I have setup on the share.  That's a problem if that's true.

Can I setup a Share with Security for FTP, but let all my computers on my local lan have access to it as if there was not security?

Thanks,

kevin

• El Toro
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo - FTP Questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 05:15:14 PM »

That is not true, but if there is security on a folder then your computers have to be logged into that folder as a user with access. 

Now that you setup access restrictions you need to disconnect the drives from your comp and remap them with a user name that you created on the LS that has access to that folder.

klaborde

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 06:13:43 PM »

Hello Kevin,

After I reboot my computer on the network, and tried to access the network share.

It popped up a box to log on with a user id and password.

I am not mapping drives, I am just clicking on My Network Places.

The shares are listed there.

Only the one I have setup for FTP with Security enabled pops open the log on box.

Thanks for the info,

Keith

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 09:31:39 PM »

Okay, its going to be the same thing as if you were mapping them accept you will need to log in everytime you restart your comp. If you were to map it you would have an option to automatically log in on restart.

But, either way since you are putting restrictions on you are restricting the whole folder and every way of accessing it.