Author Topic: LS-CH1.0TL LinkStation Live™ with BitTorrent blue and pink/violet blinking light  (Read 6621 times)

mimaatta

• Calf

Hi,

I got LS-CH1.0TL LinkStation Live™ with BitTorrent couple of months ago. It was with LS-CHL F/W 1.01 and I was unable to delete finished bit torrent files. However I was able to copy them to other folders. So I updated my link station to LS-CHL F/W 1.06.

Linkstation did run OK for two weeks but then suddenly all bittorrent downloads did stop. I checked with file manager that all folders were empty. Then I thought restart would solve this issue. So I opened linkstation admin web page and restarted my linkstation.

Now it is blinking blue and pink or violet (blue-pink-blue-pink-blue-pink ...) colors two days a row. I'm able to access Admin web and home tab shows empty, I mean nothing, for HDD Space Used. Disk management - drive properties show not available for file format.

I quess the file system in linkstation did crash for some reason. Does anyone know what I should do with this linkstation? I found out there is now  LS-CHL F/W 1.07 available should I try to install it. Should I first try to format my linkstation or should I try something else first?

It is a bit strange I'm still able to access my share folder and see bittorrent folder and _active and _torrent_files subfolders. However all these folders are empty and I did not have anything else on the disk yet when the problem started. Luckily there was only downloaded stuff in the linkstation. So it's not an issue if data is lost. I can download it again as soon as I get my linkstation running again.

I still have warranty period on going, should I return this link station?

I hope someone can help me with this.

BR M

cbergeson

• Calf
Yes, definitely start with running that firmware update.  If problems persist I'd say to delete the raid array that you have created (from the gui Diskmanagement>raidsetup>raid1>changeraidarray) and put your data back on the unit, this will effectively reformat it.  If problems persist beyond that I would suggest that you contact us at (866) 752-6210 to set up a replacement order.

mimaatta

• Calf

Hi,

My linkstation seems to run ok now.

I formatted it and then installed LS-CHL F/W 1.07 and formatted it once more. Maybe both these formattings are not needed but it does not do harm anyway.

I will test it, using as temporary file folder, for a while before I will store some valuable data into it.

BR M