Author Topic: Terastation Live - Japanese login page won't let me in! HELP!!  (Read 9503 times)

Big_Si_Owen

• Calf
Terastation Live - Japanese login page won't let me in! HELP!!
« on: February 18, 2009, 03:41:28 PM »

Hi All,

I moved my terastation to another room the other day.

When I plugged it back in it had changed back to the default IP address 192.168.11.150 (from a static IP address that was on my network), and the NAS name had reverted back to the factory default (hs-dhtgl478.)

For some reason since then the web login screen is now in Japanese and it won't accept any of the usernames / passwords including the admin username and password. 

If I restart the NAS I can sometimes browse my folders that I've set up on there using the NASNavigator but after a short while it now loses connection.

Although I can see my folders the software which allows it to act as a media server is no longer working and my PS3 can't find it. 

I've tried running the set up CD again and this helped with getting the IP to DHCP and so being on my network again. But I still can't log in to it or use it in any meaningful way. :o(

Can you suggest anything that may help?? Can I get it working without losing all my data? (I've just spent a month ripping all my CDs to lossless and it also contains all of my photographs! :( )

Thanks for any suggestions!

Si 

cbergeson

• Calf
Re: Terastation Live - Japanese login page won't let me in! HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 03:53:38 PM »
Hmm, the default username of admin and password of password didn't work?  If that doesn't work, if you hold that init button on the back for a couple seconds it should reset the unit to dhcp and set the user/pass for the web interface back to admin and password.  If that doesn't work you might want to update firmware, http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/?hs-dhtgl-up_214_102.zip is a link to the firmware download which is just an executable file that you can run to try to update firmware. 

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 03:54:21 PM »

Can you please provide the Model number, Firmware version and Operating System.

Have you tried updating FW?

Big_Si_Owen

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 04:05:32 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies guys!!

I've tried holding down the init button but no joy with the admin username / password still :( 

Model is HS-DH1.0TGL/R5

Firmware is 2.14

Operating system is... Linux? Whatever it ships with? I'm not sure.

I've tried updating the firmware but when trying to run the exe it says that it can't find the terastation. I've tried changing the name in isupdater config file from HS-DHTGL (which was it's default) to HS-DHTGL478 (which is how it shows in the NASNavigator) but it still claims not to be able to find it. I've tried this through both the network and with the computer wired directly to the NAS (and changing the computer's IP address to one inthe correct range.)

I'm all out of ideas :( 

Big_Si_Owen

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »

Bit more info...

I've just put the box into EM and then forced a Firmware update (as I already had the most up to date version)

I've just gone to the login screen, still in Japanese, logged in using admin and password.... Nope... Still doesn't let me in!!! :(

Any ideas? 

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:35:10 PM »

Yes, it runs off of a Linux kernal but I meant what OS is on your Comp incase that comes into play at any point.

When you force the update do you tell it to "Delete Userconfig"?

Have you tried your password since updating FW?

Big_Si_Owen

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 01:07:58 AM »

Ah ok. My operating system is Window's XP Professional.

No, I didn't tell it to "Delete Userconfig". I just ticked "Do not check version" and "Force Update"

Shall I try doing it again but "delete user-config" too? Will all my folders be safe or will that just delete the user accounts and all of the data will still be safe?

Thanks! 

Big_Si_Owen

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 11:44:57 AM »
   I've now tried delete user-config.... Still the same though, can't log in to the Japanese page using admin / password :(

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 04:42:07 PM »
That's really odd that you can't get into it... if you're still having the problems, you may want to try using UFS Explorer ( www.ufsexplorer.com ) to access the data.

Big_Si_Owen

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 10:40:56 AM »

I have been swapping emails with the Buffalo tech support team since posting here and have an update!

As I had access to the data it was recommended that the next thing I could try would be to remove all data and copy it elsewhere and force a firmware update, delete the user-config files AND delete the partition.

Took me about a day or so to copy the 250GB and 10's of thousands of Music files and all my photographs to other storage and this afternoon I crossed my fingers and went for it.

After the expected clicks, beeps and flashes I attempted to login to the japanese login page....

SUCCESS! I was in! I then followed instructions on here to change the language back to English!

All is looking ok again now. I can find the NAS on the network and access it still. 

I'm just in the process of transferring a load of stuff back.

I'm glad all is working again now.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions! Much appreciated!!

Simon