Author Topic: LS-CHL video playback skipping  (Read 2998 times)

drdeathly

• Calf
LS-CHL video playback skipping
« on: February 20, 2009, 12:33:40 AM »

A few weeks back I upgraded my LS-CHL 1TB to 1.06fw to fix the inability to delete files/folders in the bittorrent directory.  Now when I'm playing divx files over the network on my xbox360 the audio/video hiccups periodically.

Gigabit network via D-link 5-port switch - LS-CHL, Windows Vista Ultimate x64 PC w/ gigabity LAN, Xbox360 (earliest model) with Gigabit LAN?(I think), uplink to 10/100 Zyxel Wifi router uplinked to cable modem.  I've configured the network so only gigabit connections are on the gigabit switch- except the uplink to the router.

I accessed the TwonkyMedia 4.4.8 on port 9050 and increased the size of the buffer from 16000 to 32000, then to 64000, but this didn't help the problem.  I tried serving the files through Windows Media Center on my PC to WM Extender on Xbox360 but it wouldn't serve files on the LS-CHL.

Turning WMPNetworkSvc off on my PC seemed to help for a while but now it's happening again.. and the service is not running.  Grr.. I really thought I had this whipped!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

J

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: LS-CHL video playback skipping
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:25:18 AM »
   After upgrading the firmware you might want to go to maintenance then initialization and selecting restore to defaults. This wont delete any of your data but will clear and firmware settings.

drdeathly

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL video playback skipping
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 07:04:55 AM »

I figured out the problem.  First I tried serving the files from my Windows Vista Ultimate PC to my xbox 360 as a workaround but I encountered the same problem.  This made me realize that it must be a network problem.  On a hunch I turned off the wifi on my router (I mostly run a wired network) and voila! problem solved!!  Somehow the wifi was creating interference with my wired signals, possibly because the router and wired switch and patch panel are all crammed in a pretty small space on top of a file cabinet in a closet.

Just another good reason to live without wifi (in addition to the dangers of EMF radiation exposure).