Author Topic: LS-CHL that needs updating wasn't found.  (Read 7488 times)

Murda

• Calf
LS-CHL that needs updating wasn't found.
« on: February 20, 2009, 04:18:52 PM »

Hello.

I'm having a problem. I tried to update my LS-CHL firmware to 1.06, from the original 1.01 but the updater gives an error message saying "LS-CHL that needs updating wasn't found.". I figured out that maybe I have to install that NAS Explorer or whatever came on the disc. I inserted the disc and ran the install, but the install didn't find my LS-CHL either.

I've been happily using my drive for a month now without NAS (by mapping shares as network drives in Windows XP), so the drive itself isn't faulty. I can log on to the admin console too.

Some technical info:

Workstation IP address: 192.168.0.5

LS-CHL IP address: 192.168.0.250

Routers, switches, wireless ap and other stuff: 192.168.0.251...254

Workgroup: MSHOME

I want to organize my network this way so I know what's where.

I guess LS-CHL has to be set to a specific IP range for that updater utility to find it. What is that range? Do I have to do something else? I've downloaded the updater from Buffalotech/Europe/English site, as I live in Europe. Though my Windows language isn't english.

Jason

• El Toro
Re: LS-CHL that needs updating wasn't found.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 07:20:05 AM »
Disable your firewalls and directly connect the drive into your lan port and then scan for it again.

Murda

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 11:37:34 PM »
   No. Didn't work. Still gives the same error. Is there a way to define the target in LSUpdater.ini?
Message Edited by Murda on 02-23-2009 07:42 AM

Murda

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 12:11:28 AM »

Ok. It updated now. Here's what I did:

I initialized the LS-CHL. It got the IP address from DHCP automatically (192.168.0.101) and the updater was able to discover it. Problem solved.