Author Topic: Setting up Web Access on LinkStation Live  (Read 6354 times)

videojanitor

• Calf
Setting up Web Access on LinkStation Live
« on: February 16, 2009, 07:13:04 PM »

Hi folks! This is my first visit and first message here. I have been wrestling with getting Web Access setup on my LinkStation Live HS-DH250GL -- no matter what I've tried, I just can't seem to get it work.  I am running firmware version 2.10. My router is a Linksys WRT310N.

I am using all of the default settings that are mentioned numerous places in this forum, but when I apply the settings, I receive an error that says "Error contacting Buffalonas.com." I searched for that error, and some reported that reinitializing the Linkstation corrected the problem -- but that hasn't worked for me.

So, where do I start with troubleshooting this issue?? In the router, I have the External and Internal port set to 9000, and it is forwarded to the IP address of the Linkstation. It is enabled for TCP/UDP. UPnP is enabled as well. I must be missing something somewhere, but exactly what that is escapes me.

Any help appreciated! 

Jason

• El Toro
Re: Setting up Web Access on LinkStation Live
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 12:12:04 PM »
It means it can't get online to communicate with our servers to register that information. Click on the network tab and check your network settings, if you have a static IP set and no dns server set etc, things like that can happen. Also want to make sure you are running the latest FW, anything below 2.10 won't work.

videojanitor

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 03:04:02 PM »

Thanks Jason! I was able to get past the first hurdle by using the clues you dropped. In the network tab, I had it set for a static IP from my router, but I had not entered anything into the "default gateway" or DNS Server fields. I entered the address of my router, and now it successfully completes the setup.

Still having an issue though. When I go to buffalonas.com and enter the name that I assigned during setup, I am asked for a username and password in order to log in -- however, the name and "key" I assigned don't work. (???)

Again, I am sure I missed something here, but in the instructions, I don't see any other place to enter a username and password. So, I am still stuck ... 

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:09:58 PM »
In the Web interface, go to User Management and add a new user, then use that username/password to log on to web access.

videojanitor

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 02:31:24 AM »
   Thanks! That did the trick. They should try to make the instructions a little clearer about that!