Author Topic: TeraStation Pro II Rackmount 4 TB  (Read 3731 times)

lombardo

• Calf
TeraStation Pro II Rackmount 4 TB
« on: November 17, 2008, 03:29:54 PM »

I am looking to purchase on of these units but I need to know if this unit will allow you to configure folder/file permissions on subfolders below the root level share folder? I currently have a Terrastation Pro and that unit does not. I need to have multiple folders below the root share that need different permissions than what is set on the share. I am redirecting users folders from Small Busines Server 2003 via GPO to Terrastation pro currently.

Thanks in advance

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Re: TeraStation Pro II Rackmount 4 TB
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:15:14 PM »
No, at this time the access restrictions can only be applied to the root level. However, a Terrastation Pro II ISCSI will allow for sub-folder restrictions since the server will treat it as a local HDD.

lombardo

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 04:17:05 PM »
   Thanks much for the reply.

grindstt

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 01:38:50 PM »
   I just purchased 4 of these and am finding out about the subfolder limitation, much to my surprise.  Your post gives me some hope, however.  If I use NFS with VMWare ESX, will it see this device the same way as if it were ISCSI?  I am building a VM-Ware ESX server with two vms, and have been informed that with NFS enabled Hardware the host will see the Drives as native.  Do you know if this is true?