Author Topic: Firmware Upgrade  (Read 22918 times)

lol72

• Calf
Firmware Upgrade
« on: October 28, 2008, 10:23:23 AM »

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on our terastation pro II isci (TS-RIGL/R5) box, but every time I run the tsupdater and it starts to search for the box it comes back with a message saying "Ts-Rigl that needs updating can't be found" we are currently running 1.01 and are trying to update to 1.16

any help would be appreciated.

Lawrence

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Firmware Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 11:53:57 AM »

Connect the Terastation directly to a PC with a network cable (cross over or staight) Set a static IP address on the network card of the PC to match the IP range of the Terastation, deactivate all Anti Virus and firewall software (these can block the broadcast packets which the updater needs to run) and then run the updater .exe file ;)

Let me know how you get on.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

pete711

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 04:20:24 PM »
   FYI - I had similar issues... problem was trying to use laptop connected wirelessly on the network. Once I did a direct Wired LAN Connection on the Network, Navigator worked fine and so did Installation of Firmware (which was aborting on Vista).  FYI - I did not need to deactivate my Windows Firewall.

dmil

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 12:57:27 PM »

Hi

Can someone tell me how to get the LSUpdater.exe?

Thanks

Milind

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 12:59:46 PM »

you can down load it from buffalotech.com

go to support then downloads. 

dmil

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 01:27:53 PM »

@Paul:  

I did not find it on the support --> downloads page. I see links to get the firmware, utilities (NAS Navigator), documentation (manual, quick setup guide) and CD images but not the LSUpdater.exe.

Please help.

Milind

dmil

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 02:04:54 PM »

Never mind...I found the LSUpdater.exe inside the firmware package (zip file).

- Milind

ask

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 07:07:04 PM »

Can someone help.  I plugged directly to my computer.  Ran the firmware program LSUpdater.exe and received a message from Windows that "BUFFALO LinkStation Updater has stopped working."  check for a solution and close program or close program are the options.

I am running Vista sp 1.  trying to update LinkStation Pro Duo from 3.07 to 3.08.

Thanks!

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 06:08:02 PM »
Make sure you extract the update before running it. Right click on the downloaded file, select Extract All, then find the folder it extracted to and run it from there. Make sure you have any security/firewall/antivirus software disabled.

Akito

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 02:29:15 AM »

Hi.  I am getting the same "BUFFALO LinkStation Updater has stopped working." error when trying to update the firmware to 2.11 for my HS-DH1000GL (a Linkstation Live) by using the LSUpdater.exe file that comes in the firmwire download. I have tried extracting the files then running, and still get the error message.  I've tried using three different browsers (Internet Explorer 7.0 and 8.0, as well as Google Chrome) to download just in case it was the browser doing something funky, and then extracting the files and running the LSUpdater.exe  This was tried both with Windows Live Onecare running and turned off under Windows Vista, as well as Kapersky running and turned off on Windows 7 Beta.  I have also tried restarting the computers multiple times as well as actually uninstalling the antivirus programs, to no avail.  All this was done both while the drive was connected to the router, and the drive plugged directly into my computer's ethernet port.  I have also tried copying the entire extracted folder onto the Linkstation drive itself and running the LSUpdater.exe file from it, but still get the same error message.  I have also searched in the browser management screen, but find no option anywhere for a firmware update.  Does anyone have any idea how I can update the firmware for my drive?
Also, for reference, my problems with the drive seem to be slightly different from what others have experienced.  Most people have reported not being able to see their files at all on their PS3.  I have been able to access my movie files just fine since around July 2008, however, a few months ago, the movie files started jerking, pausing, and skipping.  The video would continue running but the sound would stop, then everything would stop, then the sound would resume and then finally catch up to the video.  It started off as a small problem, happening only a few times on a 40 or so minute movie file, but has reached the point where it does that every couple of minutes, making it really frustrating to watch anything.  Hopefully once I can get this firmware installed, the problem will go away. 

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give. 

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 02:50:14 PM »

The "BUFFALO LinkStation Updater has stopped working" error doesn't come up from me on XP Pro SP3. Have any of you with that problem tried it from an XP machine? I'm trying to figure out if the issue is isolated to Vista. Also, does the error come up when you first run the Updater.exe, or after you click Update?

Akito: Sony seems to alternately break, then fix DLNA on almost every firmware update they put out. I hope our new firmware fixes the issue for you.

Message Edited by Colin137 on 01-13-2009 02:52 PM

ask

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 12:25:43 AM »

I had extracted to a new folder.  I have disabled all firewall and anti-virus software and still get the error that the application failed.  Here is what i get in the details screen:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: LSUpdater.exe

Application Version: 1.6.0.6

Application Timestamp: 484dc7d7

Fault Module Name: LSUpdater.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.6.0.6

Fault Module Timestamp: 484dc7d7

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00017455

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 50c4

Additional Information 2: c28f313618b85be7853de35287340179

Additional Information 3: 174c

Additional Information 4: 204a82a147968ab0d880fe93a244fcd6

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »
Right click on the lsupdater.exe, go to properties, click on the compatibility tab, and select "run this program in compatibility mode for:" Windows 2000. Which operating system are you running?

ask

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 02:13:09 PM »

Hi, i tried compatibility mode windows2000 and xp sp 2.  Both resulted in the same failure.

I am running Vista Home Pro sp 1

Help.

Message Edited by ask on 02-04-2009 02:15 PM
Message Edited by ask on 02-04-2009 02:15 PM
Message Edited by ask on 02-04-2009 02:16 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 10:13:08 AM »
We've seen that the issue seems to be related to wireless cards. Make sure your wireless connection is disabled, then try the updater again.