Author Topic: LinkStation Pro Duo LS-W1.0TGL language problem  (Read 4747 times)

clearnoise

• Calf
LinkStation Pro Duo LS-W1.0TGL language problem
« on: January 18, 2009, 06:07:38 PM »

I have a Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo LS-W1.0TGL that has been working great until just recently. Now when I open the Web Admin interface everything is Japanese. I have followed all of the directions out lined in this link http://www.buffalotech.com/knowledgebase/users/kb.php?id=10075&category_id=0&sid2= , but nothing has worked.

I tried setting the language back to English but every time I apply the settings they do not take. I click apply and refresh the screen it is still set to Japanese. Also I have applied the most resent firmware (v.3.08), then tried to set it back to English and it still doesn’t work. I have tried setting the box back to factory defaults and still nothing works.

Does anyone have any other ideas that might help? Thanks.

tanjl

• El Toro
Re: LinkStation Pro Duo LS-W1.0TGL language problem
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 11:26:46 PM »

Hi,

I've the same model and I'm able to change the language to Japanese and back to English.

Are you able to connect the Buffalo set to another computer directly and try the steps again? 

May I know where did you purchase your Buffalo set from ?

clearnoise

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 11:17:12 AM »

tanjl wrote:

Hi,

I've the same model and I'm able to change the language to Japanese and back to English.

Are you able to connect the Buffalo set to another computer directly and try the steps again? 

May I know where did you purchase your Buffalo set from ?

Thanks for the reply Tanjl. In the past have been able to make changes to the Web Admin interface with no difficulty. Now nothing stays saved, even when I change the name of the device within the Web Admin (no to mension the language settings not staying saved).

I will try to connect my Buffalo to a different computer and rerun the initial setup again and see if that fixes it.

I purchased my Buffalo from Fry's Electronic. I am not sure if they have this model in the store anymore but it has been less then a year so there must be something they can do at the store. It looks like I may have to look into returning it.

clearnoise

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »

I got it figured out. It turns out the reason the settings would not save is because I did not make the new IP address for the Web Admin a trusted site in Internet Explorer. I still do not know why everything had suddenly change into Japanese, but at least now it is fixed.