Author Topic: Need Help - TeraStation No Network Access after Firmware Update  (Read 4160 times)

RoadRunner

• Calf
Need Help - TeraStation No Network Access after Firmware Update
« on: January 15, 2009, 10:37:53 AM »

Hello all.  I need your help!

Problem:  After firmware update, cannot access TeraStation via Network (e.g. mapping network drive) on Windows XP.  I can access the unit via FTP in Web browser (or otherwise), and I can access the unit via IP address typed into Web browser (using Firefox 3 btw).  I can access the admin panel and make changes there.  Memeo installed, and it cannot access the box.  Windows network does not see it (control panel - network places).  Mapped network drive links are broken.  

I did notice that the **bleep** firmware changed my share address from \\terastation\share to \\terastation\array1\share, which btw is HIGHLY annoying.  Updates should not change the pathname without documenting this to the user first.

Also note that I can only access FTP via admin login/pw.  Anon (guest/guest) is not working.

Device:  TeraStation 1.0 TB ; accessing via LAN

Other Info:  Just upgraded Firmware from 1.12 to 2.16.  Device was working normally until the upgrade (why did I do that???? - should have stuck with the old 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' mantra)

Any ideas?  I'm stumped.  I don't know enough about WinXP networking or about how the TeraStation works with networking.

Thanks for any help!  :)

Regards,

RR

Message Edited by RoadRunner on 01-15-2009 10:38 AM

goodsystms

• Calf
Re: Need Help - TeraStation No Network Access after Firmware Update
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 10:54:57 AM »

Slam dunk. Had the identical problem last week. Have a look at

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&thread.id=3827

It's aggravating, and there's no good reason for it, but at least the solution is simple and relatively painless.

RoadRunner

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 11:08:53 AM »

Sweet!  Thanks very much.  I'll try it when I get back in the office and check off as resolved if it works!

Many thanks.  :)

RR

RoadRunner

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 03:37:39 PM »

Nope... that did not solve the problem.  However, I figured it out.

My trusted (LAN) IP range in ZoneAlarm Pro had been wiped out.  Looking back on it, I just updated to SP3 a few days ago - around the same time at the TeraStation update.  And I recall after the SP3 update that ZoneAlarm wanted me to authorize my cable modem connection again.

I just figured out today that the LAN addresses had been wiped out in ZA.  Now that I have fixed that, voila!  The TS network access works.  Strange since ZA still let me access the TS via Firefox.  Go figure.

Thanks for your help though.  :)

RR