Author Topic: ** WARNING: LInkstation Quad corrupts file data **  (Read 2650 times)

Jimk

• Calf
** WARNING: LInkstation Quad corrupts file data **
« on: March 27, 2009, 01:32:17 PM »

Several postings in the past week have pointed out a file data corruption problem in the Linkstation Quad product.

Despite several detailed submissions here and via the technical support Online Inquiry form, as well as several private messages to the moderators and administrators of this forum, Buffalo has yet to acknowledge that they are even aware of the problem, much less working on a solution.

Anyone considering buying a Linkstation Quad product would be well advised to hold off until Buffalo has provided a solution to ensure that your data is not corrupted.

For more information on the known corruptions see the following postings:

Linkstation Quad "Modified Date" problems

Verifying date and time

It is unknown whether these are the only data corruptions, or simply the ones that came to light first.

okie1211

• Calf
Re: ** WARNING: LInkstation Quad corrupts file data **
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 02:36:20 PM »
   yea i'm actually thinking the buffalo products are a waste of money. thinking about removing the drives and installing them in a pc instead. least i'll get better use of them.

Jimk

• Calf
Re: ** WARNING: LInkstation Quad corrupts file data **
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 03:53:27 PM »

Oh, heavens no.  Some of their products are wonderful.  I've been using their Terastation 1.0 for several years without issue.  I have two of them on opposite ends of the house.  The primary server is where I keep everything (photos, projects, "My Documents" from windows).  Each night the primary server backs itself up to the secondary one.

In fact, I was planning to replace my (now full) Terastations with Linkstation Quads.  But the Linkstation Quads are corrupting data.  So, until Buffalo is able to fix that problem it would be a good idea to avoid that product.