Author Topic: Linkstation Live LS-CHL not visible from Vista Ultimate x64  (Read 3460 times)

drdeathly

• Calf
Linkstation Live LS-CHL not visible from Vista Ultimate x64
« on: January 09, 2009, 04:34:35 PM »

I bought a new LS-CHL 1TB just before Christmas.  I had it setup, everything working great (still is).  But I upgraded my desktop computer to Windows Vista Ultimate x64 to take advantage of the new 4GB ram I bought.  Now my desktop cannot see the LS-CHL on the network.  Both deviced are using wired gigabit ethernet, directly into the same d-link gigabit switch.

Things I've tried,

1) Deactivated Windows Firewall, made sure filesharing/networking discovery was on.

2) Made sure they were on the same Workgroup

3) Changed the security protocol as suggested in other posts (regedit, value from 3 to 1).

Still I'm unable to see the LS-CHL on the network or use a browser to access the web interface directly via IP address.  I am running AVG but I was running it on XP and had no problem accessing the LS-CHL.  I'm still able to access the LS-CHL from my WinXP laptop and my XB360.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

-DrD

Jason

• El Toro
Re: Linkstation Live LS-CHL not visible from Vista Ultimate x64
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:02:55 PM »

Post your computer's IP and the linkstation's.

Also, are you able to ping the linkstation?

drdeathly

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Live LS-CHL not visible from Vista Ultimate x64
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »

Well, something worked.  I don't know what.  I tried several things yesterday - maybe one of them 'took'.  Or maybe doing the Ping somehow got my PC to see the Linkstation.  I don't know.  Sheesh!  I hate it when you don't know what fixed the problem.

-DrD