Author Topic: Web Interface - I think I'm turning Chineese  (Read 4562 times)

johnhrschusterr

• Calf
Web Interface - I think I'm turning Chineese
« on: January 07, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »

All of a sudden my Link Station Dual Pro has decided to use Chineese menus for the web interface.  How do I get it to switch back to English?

daveyj66

• Calf
Re: Web Interface - I think I'm turning Chineese
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 02:01:24 PM »

Me too, I have just updated firmware though to try and solve a different problem, have you also? If so perhaps the version downloaded from the Buffalo web site is for the wrong region?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 02:13:43 PM »

Its Jananese acrtually.

Logon into the web interface page (you will see the 2 text fields when you type the ip address into your browser and press enter)

Along the left hand side select the second option (a folded papaer icon)

The next page at comes up at the top you will see 2 text fields, modify the second one (add a "1" to the end or something)

Under time are you time and date settings (leave these as they are)

Under this are your ntp settings (you shoud be able to see "NTP" even though its in japanese) under this heading make sure the circular radio button on the right is selected.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page you you will see 2 drop down list, on the second last one select "English" and leave the last drop down list as it is (you can probably only select one option anyways)

Click the button at the end of the page and wait for the page to refresh (it might take a couple of minutes)

Once its refreshed it will still be in japanese, click the "TOP" button at the top left of the page and again wait for the page to refresh (again it might take a couple of minute)

Once its refreshed it should be in english again ;)

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

johnhrschusterr

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:12:35 AM »

Ok... I think I'm turning Japanese.... I really think so....

Now I'm turning English with your solution...  hope I don't start having a craving for Tea and Crumpets  ;-)

Thanks again