Author Topic: Can't open Download Manager  (Read 5858 times)

enoga

• Calf
Can't open Download Manager
« on: December 17, 2008, 10:55:21 AM »

Here is a strange one: I click on "Open Download Manager" from the BitTorrent section in the config pages and I get: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Anybody run into this before? Note that I also tried to get there from a mac and no joy.

enoga

• Calf
Re: Can't open Download Manager
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 09:17:51 PM »
   I guess no ideas. I suppose I have to take this thing back. I upgraded firmware and still nothing. I no longer have access to bittorrent. Is there no other way to get in?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »
 Are you able to log in to the web gui?  Also try disabling your firewall software and anti virus software.

enoga

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »
   Thanks for the reply. I tried wit Antivirus and Firewall turned off but same result. The web gui login is fine, everything works except for this. Note that it used to work for a day or two after I first installed the unit. In fact I even tested 1-2 downloads. I think I should try a factory reset and hope that fixes it.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 09:49:15 AM »

If you do the factory reset do it from the web interface under maintenance. 

Also before that happens I would force flash the firmware.

Step by step directions can be found by searching the forums by force firmware. 

enoga

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 03:30:57 PM »
   So I did a force flash -> NO GO. Did a factory reset, lost all the setting but still NO GO. Pulled device from LAN and just connected on hard IP addresses straight to my PC and disabled Kaspersky -> NO GO! I am stumped! Is there no other way to get to the bittorrent client. Why is it not there? I would hate to send this back because of this issue. Everything else works well. Not to mention paying shipping fees for returning it.

enoga

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 10:50:50 PM »
   OK! Problem solved. After fooling around some more I have found my problem. Turns out your assigned Torrent folder name cannot contain spaces! In my infinite wisdom I created a new folder to use for bittorrent and I called it "Torrent files". Well, as soon as I substituted the space with an underscore it all started working. Kinda odd because the system creates folders with spaces itself so you wouldn't think that it would be so picky. Oh well, I should have found this earlier.