Author Topic: LinkStation Live™ with BitTorrent --- Disk Management , grey out  (Read 10042 times)

savtso

• Calf

I have a prob. with LinkStation Live 1TB LS-CH1.0TL, I got the station last week, I have set it up with no prob. Everything was looking ok. I left the station on next day when I going for work, when I came back and start my pc , I got an error that LinkStation could not be discover and an option to renew IP address, option that didn't work , got a message something error message, ( can't remember , sorry ). Then I did an Initialization of the station, and all went OK, but now when I login with Web admin, under section “Disk Management > Disk Check “, Target is grey out. And under section Disk Management > Disk Format” , Target is grey out, as well. I also notice that when I try to add a folder under section “Shared Folders” > Add, when I click on dropdown menu for “Volume”, Disk1 doesn’t show anymore, dropdown menu is blank. Everything else seems to work fine. One other thing I notice that NasNavigator2 doesn’t change the IP address when I right click on LinkStation>Proprieties>IP Settings>Renew IP address. It leave the same IP address.

I can see and access the default “share” folder and the folder that I have created when the station was working…

That all the info I can give.

I tried:

Initialization – didn’t work

Upgraded firmware from v1.01 to 1.02 and then Restore Factory Settings – didn’t work

Turn off the Linkstation, turn back on while pressing Faction button for about 10 sec to restore to the default settings. – didn’t work.

Any idea what is wrong here? Am I doing or did something wrong …

Any help much appreciated.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation Live™ with BitTorrent --- Disk Management , grey out
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 03:49:45 PM »

You are off to a good start, when you set the unit back to factory defaults; did you do that with the init button or by the web interface?

Try with the web interface and also try to force flash the firmware on the unit. 

savtso

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 05:21:37 PM »

Thanks Paul,

I set it up with  web interface ( http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/top.cgi ,"Maintenance>Initialization>Reset LinkStation Configuration to Factory Defaults" and click on "Restore"  ) . Now, by "int button" you mean the fuction button in front of Linkstation? If yes, I tryed and didn't fix it. And how do I flash the firmware ? 

Thanks for  your time, much appreciated.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 06:45:34 PM »

Please follow the directions on the link below

Force Firmware update

savtso

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 08:08:40 AM »

Hi,

I've tryed that when I upgraded from v1.01 to v1.02, after I did this, I have restore the linkstation to factory settings via web interface. Didn't fix it. Any other idea...? 

Thank you!

savtso

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »

Paul,

I fixed it.

I flash the firmware with the firmware downloaded from US site, ( "http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/linkstation-live-ls-chl/" ) , if anyone needs it. I did just its says in the link you sent me : "http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=277&query.id=51228#M277", and I selected all options. It went all well.But the web interface came up in japanese ( whats the story with that!!! the guys from firmware should set english version as default ) , anyway I change the languege to english as describe, from this link "http://www.buffalotech.com/knowledgebase/users/kb.php?id=10073&category_id=5&sid2=", then I restore the linkstation to manufacture setting via web interface, just in case. All the settings was already to default anyway....

But I lost all the data, thats OK , I don't mind as was aware that might happend. So anyone does a flash firmware... backup your data before. 

Now its all OK.

I gave all the info, for anyone else, runs into the same problem as me.

Paul, thank you for your help!