Author Topic: Error trying to register for Web Access on Buffalonas.com [Linkstation Live 320]  (Read 8774 times)

Mommasal

• Calf

I keep getting the error message "The device name and key must be between 3 and 20 characters, and only contain letters, numbers, underscores (_) and hyphens (-). The port number must only contain numbers, and be between 2 and 5 digits."  when I try to register for web access.  But none of the above issues are correct.  For example, I could try the BuffaloNAS.com Name: MyNameIsPaul and BuffaloNAS.com Key: goRays while using UPnP, and still get the error.  I'm able to see BuffaloWebAxs as a firewall rule, so I know that's not the issue.

A few months ago Web Access worked for me through BuffaloNAS.com, but then it stopped working for some unknown.  I tried upgrading the firmware to 2.10, but still got the same error message, and have since downgraded back to 2.03, with the same result.  This leaves me to wonder if it is an issue with BuffaloNAS.com.

I travel for work, so being able to access my media from the road was the main reason why I got the Linkstation Live 320.

Thanks for your help,

Paul 

obpr

• Calf
   I am having this same problem with my Linkstation Live 500.  At least its not only me.

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Go into the web configuration page of your NAS device, from here go to maintenance -> initialization, in here click the restore button. This will default settings on the device, but the data section will not be touched. After this is done try setting up the web access again, should go through just fine.

DeanRobinson

• Calf

I just started having this exact same problem after I re-installed the firmware on my Linkstation Live, Has reseting all the settings back to default fix it for anyone?

Thanks!

Dean

DeanRobinson

• Calf

I tried the INIT and that fixed that problem!

Thanks!

Dean