Author Topic: TSUpdater on same subnet as Terastation?  (Read 5134 times)

super-neuron

• Calf
TSUpdater on same subnet as Terastation?
« on: November 10, 2008, 02:27:08 PM »

Does TSUpdate need to be executed from a PC within the same IP subnet as my Terastion in order to work?

TSUpdate cannot discover my Terastation, even with McAfee Antivirus and Windows XP Firewall disabled.   I have no problem connecting to the Terastation web client via Internet Explorer or the Terastation file directory via Windows Explorer.   What gives?   Can I skip the discovery step in TSUpdate and manually define the Terastation IP address somehow?

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Re: TSUpdater on same subnet as Terastation?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:52:29 PM »
The TS Updater does need to be run on a machine within the same subnet as the Terastation itself to pass discovery and run the update. If shutting down firewalls and anti-virus did not work you may also want to try in safe mode w/ networking to bypass the software entirely. Outside of this you can also try to plug the terrastation directly into your computer with a standard patch cable (crossover is not needed) and set a static IP on the computer to see if it will find it then.

super-neuron

• Calf
Re: TSUpdater on same subnet as Terastation?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 09:29:35 AM »

FYI - Once I physically moved my upgrading laptop onto the same subnet, the TSUpdater program discovered and upgraded my Terastation Pro II...  :smileyhappy:

However, please overcome this in future releases of TSUpdater.   Physically visiting my Terastation is a pain!

P.S. - Why not just prompt the user for a single Terastation Hostname/IP address?   Why do auto discovery?