Author Topic: LinkStation Pro Duo and USB Drive Share  (Read 7921 times)

Mav99700

• Calf
LinkStation Pro Duo and USB Drive Share
« on: September 27, 2008, 10:16:38 PM »

I recently updated the firmware for my linkstation to 3.07(?) When I first purchased the linkstation I added an external USB drive. I added several shares to the USBDISK1 and they showed up. (Actually they showed up under the linkstation vs the USBDisk1, which I consider better than the way the TeraStation shows it). The only problem was that I could not delete the shares. After the update to 3.07, I was able to delete the shares, but cannot add a new one to the USB drive??????. What am I missing?? Did the update eliminate the ability to add a share to the USB drive? If so, is there a way to go back to the previous version?

I use the storage as online Media. I pipe music, videos etc to other PC's, TV's and Consoles. I have 3 Tb on line, and like to use the USB drives as backup and additional storage. I just prefer seeing share names that mean somthing to me - USBDISK1 vs "Comedy" -- well, you get the picture.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation Pro Duo and USB Drive Share
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:44:23 AM »

Try mapping to the usbdisk1 via IP address, go to my computer then "tools" then "map network drive"  type in \\IP_of_NAS\usbdisk1

this should give you read/write access.  Also try setting the unit back to factory defaults from the web interface, this will clear up any firmware corruption 

Mav99700

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 12:10:18 PM »

Thanks for responding. I have considered resetting it, but, it is loaded!!! I keep our electronic movies on it, and it is about 1.5 Tb. I believe that if I reset it, I will lose all the data, correct? I do suppose I could use it as an excuse to go through the files and only keep what we really need... (translated: Granddaughter favorites).

Is it possible to simply re-install the old firmware? (pretty sure I know the answer to that....)

Once again thanks for the response.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:41:22 PM »
When you reset it you only lose user configurations, not the data. 

Mav99700

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 02:20:40 PM »
   ..Bless You!!!

..Thanks again. I will do that this weekend. You have been a great help.

On a different note, I am a Buffalo Die Hard. I have a couple of the TeraStations, the LinkStation and a DriveStation Duo. GREAT products!!! This is the first time in over 3 years that "any" issue that I have had to deal with. And I consider this "Resolved"

Thanks