Author Topic: Unable to access TS-RHTGL via TSupdater or TSNavi (but OK via HTTP)  (Read 6878 times)

myersr46

• Calf

I have a new TS2-Pro installed on a small network.  Both NASnavi and TSUpdater are unable to "find" the unit from my Windows XP PC.   I can ping the unit OK and I can access the web interface of the unit for configuration.   I've tried to re-initialize the unit (via the Web management and also via the red-switch).

No change.   Using standard IP addressing (TS=192.168.11.150/24 and PC=192.168.11.151/24).  Was curious how the "find" works so I also put a sniffer on the network and it appears that the PC does a UDP broadcast to port 22936 and the TS-ProII does a UDP broadcast in response that appears to have the unit information in the packet....yet NASnavi and TSupdater still aer unable to find the unit.

TS-Pro2 rackmount v1.26

Windows XP/SP3

NASnavi v1.50

NSupdater v1.27 (included with the v1.27.117 firmware update)

ScottP

• Tatanka
Re: Unable to access TS-RHTGL via TSupdater or TSNavi (but OK via HTTP)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 11:10:14 AM »

With regards to the TS Updater program, this can happen for one of two reasons.  Primarily, it is because the TeraStation you're looking for doesn't need updating, as it's already running the latest firmware.  If you're certain that it's not running the latest firmware, the presence of a software firewall on your system can lead to these symptoms as well.  If you're running any kind of "security" applications, try disabling them and then running the Updater again.  The NAS Navi is also susceptible to being blocked by firewalls, so treat it the same way.

In some cases, setting the programs for Windows 2000 compatibility mode can help as well.  You can do this by right clicking on them, and selecting Properties, then choosing "windows 2000" in the compatibility menu.

myersr46

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:35:06 PM »

That was the fix - to disable the personal firewall (which, in this case, was part of the OfficeScan suite

and not Windows personal firewall).

THanks.

mhoeneveld

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 02:56:19 PM »

I experienced a similar problem that the updater did not accept my admin password.

After turning of the firewall as suggested above the problem resides.

But turning of the realtime antivirus scanning did do the trick for me.