Author Topic: Terastation displays Now Loading... but never does  (Read 7174 times)

adept

• Calf
Terastation displays Now Loading... but never does
« on: September 25, 2008, 04:43:00 AM »

Serious problem with my terastation 1TB, yesterday I plugged in my epson multiuse printer/scanner to the terastations USB port so all computers could use it.

During this process the folders became inaccesible so I disconnected the printer.

Since that time the device does not completely load.

Occasionally it displays cannot load kernel E04 error.

I tried EM mode and one point it did complete but showed the share as unformatted I reset the device and updated firmware.

After the 213 update all 4 drive lights showed as read fail.

IP address web access worked and allowed login but could not access share folder.

After reboot same thing occured as previous; now loading... and occassaional E04 error.

Any suggestions? I have backups but there are some things on the drive that I have not backed up and I need to recover.

adept

• Calf
Re: Terastation displays Now Loading... but never does
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 05:03:36 AM »

SOLVED!

OK I eventually got back to loading EM mode completely and did the next firmware update to 214

It seems to have worked andI now have access to my share folder.

Quick must back everything up to another drive and a DVD and tape and possibly to another terastation drive just to be sure.

Very frustrating when this happens, would recommend backup backup backup to everyone.

I thought I was ok as I did a full backup every monthbut a lot has happened in the last month and I could have lost a lot.

paw063008

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:28:11 AM »
   Hi Adept! I believe the USB port on the TeraStation is designed for expansion. You can use it for adding an external USB drive.

adept

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 06:08:43 AM »

Yes Paw063008, I had already added a Iomega USB external drive, but the manuals say you can share printers on the port as well so I tried adding my Epson which may or may not have been the cause of this failure.

Everything is ok now though due to upgrading the firmware.

EM mode was useful for this.