Author Topic: Replacement drive MIA  (Read 3642 times)

finster69

• Calf
Replacement drive MIA
« on: January 03, 2013, 11:10:48 AM »

I just wanted you to know what a nightmare we are experiencing trying to get the Buffalo TeraServer 5200 we purchased from Dell on 10/17/12 repaired.

•             Less than 2 months after we purchased the unit, one of the two 3-TB hard drives failed.

•             We were given a RMA# and told to mail the defective back to Buffalo (at our cost) which we promptly did.

•             Buffalo received the defective drive on 12/14

•             We still have not received a replacement, nor has one even shipped out (according to the website)

•             Left a complaint ticket on their website 12/21 and was never called back or contacted but received an email thanking us for submitting ticket

•             Left an escalation ticket yesterday 1/2, have not been contacted but received an email thanking us for submitting ticket

•             Called at noon yesterday 1/2 and was waiting 20 minutes before I was finally  told they will look into it and call me back. Call never came.

This is a critical business data storage component and I am waiting 3+weeks for a warranty replacement drive!!!!

Can anyone at Buffalo tell me what the status of this replacement is?

This is our third (and probably last) Buffalo product. I am NOT happy.

Rich Guarino

rguarino@gbnrtc.org

finster69

• Calf
Re: Replacement drive MIA
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 07:37:56 AM »

After getting no respons, I had my Dell sales Rep contact them. Marco called me back and sent out a new drive. No solid explanation for what happened to my drive or why nobody called/emailed me back.

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Replacement drive MIA
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:33:16 AM »

I apologize for your poor experience with support. I looked up our logs for you, and the tracking number showed a package was delivered on Jan 4.