Author Topic: Password suddenly not accepted  (Read 6634 times)

theprince

• Calf
Password suddenly not accepted
« on: March 15, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »

Hi. Can someone help. I own an external Buffalo portable drive for six months and all the sudden it strangely not accepting the same password I have been using. I rung up Buffalo tech support in Melbourne Australia and they were no help. The normal partition works fine but the secured partition, where I set up the separate partition, is this password problem. I have precious files in this password partition and don't know why it's doing this. This should never happen, product behaves very unpredictable, and as a result of this I won't set a secure password partition anymore.  Can someone please help. 

julieanderson29

• Calf
Re: Password suddenly not accepted
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 01:04:05 AM »

Have you Re Checked the Password and tried again ? and do you the only person who uses it ? who knows if there is a secondary person then they may have changed the password ?

TristanFl

• Calf
Re: Password suddenly not accepted
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 03:52:01 PM »
We have this issue where I work. I can verify that the passwords have not changed what so ever. After a few days or weeks (its not specific) we will encounter this issue as well. It happens to multiple users on the device as well. The thing is if we wait a bit for an unknown amount of time the same password will work again. If anyone knows anything it would be appreciated.