Author Topic: Thank you for the help  (Read 3248 times)

M_Seurat

• Calf
Thank you for the help
« on: January 14, 2012, 11:16:37 AM »

I just wanted to say that I have truly appreciated the assistance of the techs over the last week or two.  I was reading on this site about the bad experiences that some have had.  I felt it was only fair to express the positive experience that I have had.

Yesterday and today were wonderful examples.  Yesterday I had issues with port forwarding so I could access the buffalonas.com website from outside my network and via the Android app on my phone.  I was told days prior that it was and AT&T hardware question so I tried to get resolution from AT&T.  That was a horrible experience that I would never want to repeat... but that is a story for another time.  In the end I was able to get both the AT&T tech and a tech from Buffalo on a conference call and together the three of us discovered a resolution that worked... at the time.  I was very pleased with the fact that, when the knowledge and skill of the AT&T tech ended, the Buffalo tech picked up and filled in the gaps.  The Buffalo tech was the one who guided me through the options best and helped me fix the issue.

This morning I discovered that the issue had not truly been resolved.  Hoping desparately that I would not have to go through the horrible experience with AT&T again I called Buffalo.  The tech was truly gracious and helpful.  We spent another 2 hours on the phone troubleshooting and discovered that the issue must be with the AT&T server as everything from the port configurations and firewall settings for the router and the computer antivirus/firewall were all set up correctly to allow the port forwarding, it simply wasn't working. 

Although the situation still remains unresolved, I truly appreciate the patience and courtesy of the techs in working dilligently to resolve my issue.  I just wish AT&T had techs with the same knowledge base and customer service savvy, for then I might have this issue resolved by now and be able to use the NAS to its fullest potential.