Author Topic: USB causes short loss of connectivity  (Read 1689 times)

coop888

• Calf
USB causes short loss of connectivity
« on: March 25, 2009, 06:48:50 PM »

Whenever I plug or unplug a device from the usb it causes the linkstation to go unresponsive for a short time.  This is seen in a quickbooks file that is stored on the device and accessed by multiple computers, it will loose the connection and the program aborts.

I can also see it if I am accessing the setup pages, they become very slow, almost unresponsive.  Help.  This is a huge bug.  Anyone know a solution for it?

I have firmware 3.05 and am about to try the latest (3.09).  For reference this is the second Linkstation Pro I have tried and both  experience this issue.

I have the linkstation pro 500Gig setup as raid 1 with a static IP.  It is backboned by a gigabyte switch and all PC's have gigabyte ethernet cards.

coop888

• Calf
Re: USB causes short loss of connectivity
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »

I finished the update to firmware 3.09 and still the same issue.

After plugging in the drive there is about 10 seconds where everything is good, then blam it is gone and quickbooks crashes.  

keeping a continuous ping to the device doesn't show the lag or loss of conectivity but obviously something is happening since it does it on 2 of the linkstations and only when a device is attached or removed from the usb, no other time does quickbooks have problems.

help.