Author Topic: Anyone else totally fed up with Buffalo tech support or the lack there of?  (Read 10157 times)

contento

• Calf

I have been trying to get hold of someone for DAYS (left voicemail with RMA dept., sent emails...many, spoke with John in tech support who blew me off this morning) and haven't gotten anyone to return a call or email. Seriously? How can this company stay in business with a total lack in customer service and outdated tech documents and on-screen device info written in half-english/broken thoughts?

I spoke with John in tech support this morning who couldn't help ("I can't help you"). I asked for a supervisor. He said they "stroll in around 9 or 10am" and that he would personally give my name and number to one when they arrived. Apparently no supervisors arrived today (or John blew me off a second time).

So, after days and days, I finally get the RAM dept on the phone a little while ago. I spoke with Nancy...she claimed to be a "supervisor" when I asked to speak to the supervisor. I asked her for an email confirming that we spoke on my topid. Not a resolution email...just an email that we SPOKE. She said she can't send an email out. I asked for her supervisor (apparently his name is "Paul"  but "Paul" doesn't have a phone number or email address either!). Nancy assured me that "Paul" will call back by 2pm tomorrow to discuss my issues.

Anyone want to place bets on that? I think I'm safe giving 8:1 odds.

You'd think for a company that has spent $20K with these people, they'd be a little more interested in helping.

contento

• Calf
Re: Anyone else totally fed up with Buffalo tech support or the lack there of?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 12:06:27 PM »

Well, one hour to go! 55 minutes, really, but who is counting?

contento

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 01:11:10 PM »

no suprise..."Paul" isn't in but "Nancy" assured me she sent the message to him. Apparently "Paul" is the TOP DOG with Buffalo because I'm told he has no boss and answers to no one. Must be nice. So where do you go for help if the "customer service" personell wont help and the supervisor doesn't respond either? Do you just ship $20,000 worth of equipment back and purchase from a more reputable company?

I can tell you this, I will be FLAMING this company on every board on every website at every chance I get if this isn't resolved TODAY.

So, to those of you considering buying from Buffalo, think twice becuase WHEN your product craps out, you'll have NO HELP in getting a resolution.

contento

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 02:49:47 PM »

"Paul" wasn't in today (another benefit of being top dog I guess). "Nancy" assured me she sent him the request. Aftera few minutes of pointless bantering, "Nancy" said hold on a second...she was going to get "Jeremy." Well, after a 35 minute HOLD time, "Nancy" returned. Apparently she searched the entire building and couldn't find anyone except....

"BRUCE"

who she informs me is "above Paul." Maybe "Bruce" needs to figure out why "Paul" tells "Nancy" that he is in charge.

Anywho, "Nancy" assures me that "Bruce" will be emailing me the info I need straight away (oh yeah, that was almost 2 hours ago...should I start to worry?).

So, "Bruce", you ubber-top-dog, the ball is in your court....

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 04:53:27 PM »

1. Your rants are getting quiet boring.

2. Not having dealt with US support directly (since i live outside of the region) i can't really comment on them, however i have had a few dealings with the European support, even having to rma an old HDD once and i have to say the process, time and support was pretty good.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jvvjvv

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 07:02:02 PM »

I just spent 1/2 hour waiting............then nothing??

contento

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 07:54:39 AM »

Hey Davo. Here's an idea. Stop reading the post.

Who said I have all my data on one device? I have 4 of these units all sharing redundancy.

Thanks to Bruce Reilly, Support Manager, for stepping up and emailing me finally.

Not looking forward to the next problem I have with their hardware.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 12:22:09 PM »

Hey contento

Its a sig, get over it ;-)

Unlike yourself i actually try to help people on this forum. Here's an idea for yourself, try helping others for once instead of soley thinking about yourself :-)

Anyways, looks like your problem is on the way of being solved so no harm done.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jdhelf

• Calf

My Buffalotech 1TB Comb 4 died about 3 months after purchasing form Best buy in NY. After completing the RMA process, the drive was shipped via United States Postal Service Delivery Confirmation and was delivered on April 2, 2010. The drive could not be found in Buffalo's system for over a week due to some type of "warehouse lock down" as described by a Buffalo Rep. I gave them a pass on that. Then my hard drive arrived. I was under the false assumption that I would receive a new "in the box" hard drive as I originally purchased, as I was going to turn around and sell it on Ebay as "new". Instead I received a hard drive enclosure that was dirty on the outside with greasy finger prints, as thought the tech jsut finished working on it then threw it in the box.  The front face plat on the drive is crooked as well. Needless to say I have a piece of junk that was poorly packaged and I could not in good conscience sell even as "used" on Ebay, Unlike Buffalo, I don't want to jeopardize my perfect rating on Ebay (jdehelf. I am very frustrated that I paid $160 for a drive that was in excellent condition when I shipped it and took great care in packaging, only to receive a piece of junk back. I'm not one to usually complain in forums such as these but in this situation I genuinely feel like I was ripped off.

drmemory

• Big Bull

Jdhelf

Fedex is usually excellent when handling packages, but accidents can happen during shipping.

Email me directly and we'll fix this issue ASAP. Copy your post to the email so I can identify you.

drmemory@buffalotech.com

bcontento

• Calf

Just be careful not to say anything too harsh or your forum user account will be "banned" like mine was for starting this thread. :smileymad:

jdhelf

• Calf

I am happy to say that after I posted my problem, Buffalo remedied the situation. Customer service immediately shipped a new retail packaged replacement hard drive. Thank you Buffalo for your responsive service.

bcontento

• Calf

I have to agree that things have seemed to improve in their responsiveness. It's not good it took getting an upper-level management team member involved, but he (and the people he has tasked with assisting) have been very good in getting me the help I need.

I'd like to say hopefully it will continue, but I think I'd rather say hopefully I wont need help any more (crossing figners on replacement products).

Michael318

• Calf

My experience with Buffalo's support team has been nothing short of outstanding!  I have a unit that is ancient, but this did not matter in the least.  My experience with Customer Support I was totally fantastic.  First of all, I was able to talk to service techs who spoke English as their primary language!!  Secondly, the technicians were not reading from a script, but were actually very knowledgeable of their product.  Thirdly, the techs did not seem to care what the age of the device was or withhold information because I had not "purchased" a service plan.  The unit was so far out of warranty I was amazed they even talked to me, let alone spend the time on the phone required to fix my issue.

When I got off the phone I told my co-workers of the experience and how unusual it was to get this level of service.  I have not experienced this level of service since the days of WordPerfect for DOS, when companies were dedicated to making their customers happy with their products.

From one happy customer, THANK YOU for quality service!

licketyglitz

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 05:19:12 PM »

I'm glad some people in this thread have had good experiences with Buffalo tech support. I'm totally fed up with my Buffalo product altogether. I bought a Drive Station HD-HSQ external, for what I thought was an affordable solution for more storage. The first one worked great for about 7 months then started disappearing on me, then completely disappeared. Initial email tech support was great, then he disappeared altogether, so I started calling. Phone tech support ran the gamut from helpful to could totally care less and made sure I knew it. I had to continually call back when promised emails were not sent to me. Finally got the first one sent in, on my dime, got the second one back, missing my firewire 400 cable, and the only thing that worked on it was the LED light. Got that one sent back, on their dime this time around, but again after having to follow-up with them to get necessary information (a promised email with a Buffalo Fed Ex account number never materialized - the next customer support person said that's because they don't do that and nobody should have offered me that in the first place - I don't know who was right on that one, but I finally got the account number). The third drive also doesn't work, and when I told today's very nice tech guy that I no longer had any confidence in Buffalo products and frankly, after the third one I think they should man-up and offer a refund, he said that was a retailer issue as they are the ones who got my money. I've never heard of anything so ridiculous. Retailers are now responsible for a company's cake product? And money paid for a product didn't end up in the Buffalo books? I do get an additional 90-days on my warranty with the latest replacement. Awesome. Another 3 months of getting to know my local Fed Ex employees. 

Whether the tech support people on a particular call were nice or not, I'm will never purchase another Buffalo product due to the fact that they don't work, and having to continually use my time for follow up to get any kind of resolution. I would have had less frustration throwing $140 bucks out the window while a Buffalo representative continually smacked me in the face. Man, what a bad experience.

**Admin - replied to customer, awaiting reply from customer

drmemory@buffalotech.com****