Author Topic: verifying date and time  (Read 2573 times)

Tolar

• Calf
verifying date and time
« on: March 24, 2009, 12:50:44 PM »

I have a LinkStation 1GB raid system that we use to backup or Xcopy files from our MS server, we are using the option to check for newer time and then coping only those files that need to be copied.  But, when we run this with another MS server it works great, but with the Baffalo it wants to copy all files over and over, ignoring the option.

Any ideas on how to do this? 

Thanks

David  

Jimk

• Calf
Re: verifying date and time
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »

David,

I have experienced the same problem and did some pretty extensive testing with xcopy, which I submitted in a posting a few days ago titled: Linkstation Quad "Modified Date" problems.

I have also submitted a support request directly to Buffalo via their support website.

I have not received a response to either submission yet. And I have not been able to reach Buffalo's technical support people on the phone. So I don't yet know if there is a solution or workaround to this problem. I am currently writing a program to determine exactly what is going on with those file's timestamps.

Jim Kelly

Jimk

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 06:24:49 PM »

I just finished a program that was able to determine that my Linkstation Quad servers are, indeed, returning an incorrect "modified time" value.  I don't know if it is stored incorrectly or merely corrupted when retrieved, but the low order bits of the modified time for some files is definitely not correct.

Jim Kelly 

DB258884

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 09:12:42 AM »

Is the "incorrect modified time" local to Japan?  I am just curious and thinking that since the firmware was "created" in Japan---it may have something to do with it?

Just my .02 

Jimk

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 01:18:13 PM »

No, it isn't a localized time issue. It is just bits clobbered. See my analysis in the posting Linkstation Quad "Modified Date" Problem for details about which bits are being corrupted.