Author Topic: Xbox360 through Windows Media Center sees folder on Linkstation Pro Duo but can't connect  (Read 2973 times)

Arlee75

• Calf
   I have my Xbox360 connected to my media center PC as a media extender through Windows Media Center.  When I try to add content to the library on the Xbox360 through Windows Media Center, it sees the folder on the LinkStation Pro Duo and tries to connect but appears as though the connection drops and thus the content is never added to the Windows Media Center Library.  The folder connects fine to the media center PC through Windows Media Center.

Arlee75

• Calf

A few other notes that might be worth mentioning.  The Xbox360 is connected to my wireless network and the router that I am using is a Linksys WRVS4400N. 

schaliki

• Calf
   Hi, I had same issue with Linksys DMA2200 media extender.  Did you try to disable access controls on the shared folders you are connecting to?  That solved the problem for me.  Seems like when the access controls are enabled on the shared folders, Linkstation Pro Duo expects to enter a username to access them even if using guest account to access them.  The media extender connects as guest and does not handle logins.  So it fails, I believe.  At least that's the explanation I got from Linksys.  Maybe somebody can give a better explanation or has better alternative to disabling access controls.  Until then, I will live with it as I can use my media extender.
Best,
Satish

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Interestingly enough I have been told that the XBOX 360 is not DLNA compatible.  Therefore a computer would have to be online on the network in order for the XBOX to browse the media.