Author Topic: Network path not found  (Read 2171 times)

Wizard

• Calf
Network path not found
« on: March 21, 2009, 04:14:05 PM »

I have read KB#000030 - Network Path not found? error on LinkStation and tried all three fixes to no avail. I replaced the cable and connected it directly to a desktop pc. I attempted to load the software and it aborted. 

I notices that the fan is not on and suspect now that the unit may be defective.

The unit is a Buffalo Model HS-DH500GL S/N 998833789270032 with Buffalo NAV Version 1.34 installed. The Computer System is COMPAQ  Model = Presario V3000 (RD153AV) with  Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1.2600.

Normal set up is to access NAS from notebook PC through a D-Link DI 524 Wireless G Router. This has worked without  problem or incident since purchase 1-2008. All other wireless functional are working as expected from the notebook PC through the D-Link.

If the fan is no good and is replaced will this correct the problem?

If it can not be fixed or if fixed does not correct the problem how do I get my data off the NAS?

Thanks.

kevin

• El Toro
Re: Network path not found
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 12:03:45 PM »

- The fan is thermal activated, it only turn on when needed.

- If it gets to a point where the device is defective and you need to get your data. You can plug the drive directly into a Linux computer or anything else that can read XFS filesystem.

Does the NAS Navigator find the unit (over network or plugged directly into your comp)? Does it give you a Firmware version?

Wizard

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:26:21 PM »
   It found the unit after I installed NASNavigator2 ver2.15 which reflected the it was in EM mode. I turned the NAS unit off. Today it can not see the NAS unit.

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 04:20:49 PM »
Were you able to access the unit (GUI and Data) once the Navi found it?