This message board service ("Buffalo Technology discussion forum" ) is provided by Buffalo Technology (USA) ("Company" ) to you ("you" or "user" ), subject to the terms of this Buffalo Technology Discussion Forum Agreement ("Agreement" ), and the rules that may be published from time to time by Buffalo Technology. Buffalo Technology discussion forums currently are provided as a free service to users who agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Buffalo Technology reserves the right to change the nature of this relationship at any time. Users who violate the terms of this Agreement will have their Buffalo Technology discussion forum access canceled and they may permanently be banned from using Buffalo Technology discussion forums.
Discussion Forum Rules
You are entirely responsible and liable for all activities conducted by you. Listed below are some, though not all, violations that may result in Buffalo Technology terminating your access. You agree not to do any of the following actions while using Buffalo Technology discussion forums:
(1) harass, threaten, embarrass, or cause distress or discomfort to another Buffalo Technology discussion forum participant, user, or other individual or entity;
(2) transmit via Buffalo Technology discussion forums any information, data, text, files, links, software, chat, communication or other materials ("Content" ) that Buffalo Technology considers to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise objectionable;
(3) impersonate in any Buffalo Technology discussion forum any person, including but not limited to a Buffalo Technology official, discussion forum leader, guide, or host;
(4) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in a Buffalo Technology discussion forum or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other participants;
(5) post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation in Buffalo Technology discussion forums;
(6) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law, while using or accessing Buffalo Technology discussion forums or in connection with your use of Buffalo Technology discussion forums in any manner;
(7) invade the privacy or violate any personal or proprietary right of any person or entity; and
(8) infringe the intellectual property rights or similar rights, including but not limited to copyrights and trademarks, of any person or entity.
(9) suggest or show how to make alterations or changes to firmware or hardware of Buffalo Technology products, use of DD-WRT, Tomato, or non-Buffalo-approved firmware (violates and terminates USA warranty of wireless products.), or provide links to non-Buffalo-approved firmware or hardware how-to articles.
(10) use the forums as a personal soapbox, posting without asking for help, or providing help.
(11) use offensive or implied offensive language, including user name, signature, title of thread, or language in post.
You and any user of your User Name must evaluate, and bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any Content. Buffalo Technology shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to remove Content that is deemed in Buffalo Technology's sole discretion harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of this Agreement or any rules Buffalo Technology has in place at the time. Buffalo Technology may elect at its sole discretion to monitor some, all, or no areas of Buffalo Technology discussion forums for adherence to this Agreement or Buffalo Technology's rules.
Trademarks, Copyrights, & Restrictions
All materials placed on this site by the Company, including, but not limited to images, illustrations, posts, audio clips and video clips (the "Materials" ) are protected by copyrights that are owned or licensed by the Company. Buffalo Technology is a trademark of the Company. You may not reproduce, perform, create derivative works from, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way whatsoever any Materials from www.buffalotech.com or any other web site owned or operated by the Company without the prior written permission of the Company. However, you may download or make one copy of the Materials, and other downloadable items displayed on the site, for personal, non-commercial home use only, provided all copyright and other notices contained in the Materials are left intact. Any modification of the Materials, or any portion thereof, or use of the Materials for any other purpose constitutes an infringement of the Company's copyrights and other proprietary rights. Use of these Materials on any other web site or other networked computer environment is prohibited without prior written permission from the Company.
The Company is not responsible for the content of any sites that may be linked to or from www.buffalotech.com. These links are provided for your convenience only and you access them at your own risk.
By using this web site and/or posting Materials, you agree to indemnify the Company, its officers, directors, employees, successors, agents, distributors, and affiliates for any and all claims, damages, losses, and causes of action (including attorneys' fees) arising out of or relating to your breach or alleged breach of this Agreement or for any content that is provided by you or through your user I.D. and/or password. You agree to cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim. Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
COMPANY'S SITE CONTAINS FACTS, VIEWS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THIRD-PARTY INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS. THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, CURRENTNESS, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED, UPLOADED, OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT, OR INFORMATION WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE TRANSMITTED AND DISTRIBUTED "AS IS" AND APPEAR ON THE SITE WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL SUCH EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AND VALIDITY OF ANY MATERIALS ON THE WEB SITE AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
Where applicable law does not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, the foregoing exclusions may not apply to you.
Neither the Company, nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, distributors or affiliates are responsible or liable for any loss, damage (including, but not limited to, actual, consequential, or punitive), liability, claim, or other injury or cause of action related to or resulting from any information posted on the Company's web site.
The Company may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the site, including, but not limited to, any discussion forums on its site, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of this Agreement. In the event this Agreement is terminated, the restrictions regarding Materials appearing on the site, and the representations and warranties, indemnities, and limitations of liabilities set forth in this Agreement will survive termination. In the event that you are unsatisfied with the services provided by Company, your sole remedy is to terminate this Agreement.
This site is controlled and operated by the Company from the Company's headquarters. The Company does not represent or warrant that Materials on the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you choose to access this site from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, as it is applied to agreements entered into and performed within that State. Any action brought to enforce this Agreement or matters related to the site will be brought in either the State or Federal Courts of that State. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed void, unlawful, or otherwise unenforceable for any reason, that provision will be severed from this Agreement and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in force. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Company concerning your use of the site.