Author Topic: Buffalo IFC-PCIE2U3 and Renesas USB 3.0 host controller compatibility  (Read 13429 times)

hermandez

• Calf
Re: Buffalo IFC-PCIE2U3 and Renesas USB 3.0 host controller compatibility
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 05:46:43 AM »

performed your recommendations and then some. The deal is the Buffalo’s IFC-PCIE2U3 is not compatible with the Sabertooth X58 or vice versa. The IFC-PCIE2U3 and the on-board NEC USB 3.0 conflict with each other. You folks really need to get the Sabertooth X58 in house to do some compatibility testing. As both devices feature the same NEC USB 3.0 chip, they rather cancel each other out. Both perform poorly and the Buffalo driver for the IFC-PCIE2U3 conflicts with the Renesas USB 3.0 driver. Neither controller truly functions independently. In order to get the IFC-PCIE2U3 to “operate”, I have to install the Asus Renesas USB 3.0 driver. If I install the Buffalo driver, the IFC-PCIE2U3 is not recognized. If you want to talk offline, we can discuss the details. However, I am not going to waste any more time with this issue. I have performed two Windows 7 64 reinstallations and the problem persists. None of these problems existed with the IFC-PCIE2U3 when installed in Asus’ P6T. I am not angry but this issue needs to be escalated to Buffalo engineers. ?

MarkAtHome

• Calf
Re: Buffalo IFC-PCIE2U3 and Renesas USB 3.0 host controller compatibility
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 07:00:20 AM »
I have the same problem. Sometimes the two USB3 drives are seen and sometimes they aren't. I am running: Intel i7-950 12G RAM Asus P6T Deluxe Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 1 Samsung 830 256G SSD 5 WDC internal drives 7 WDC external drives 2 of the WDC external drives are connected to the IFC-PCIE2UE -- they work flawlessly without your card and without the extra speed. I have installed v1.02 of your software a number of times. The problem is the card.