Author Topic: LT-V100 LinkTheater unable to play .MKV files  (Read 4011 times)

sinugba

• Calf
LT-V100 LinkTheater unable to play .MKV files
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:37:43 AM »

Hi,

I have an LT-V100 LinkTheater running on ver 2.07b, it can play other video file formats but not .MKV.  The audio plays but no video output. Playing the .MKV video file over the network or on a usb flash still the same result.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: LT-V100 LinkTheater unable to play .MKV files
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:47:55 AM »

This device does not support MKV files.

Dirk_Gardner

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »

Hi Sinugba,

I also have the LT-V100 LinkTheater and this problem was driving me crazy.  The player works very well on most MKV's but does not display the picture on a few. After much research I have discovered the solution.  Someone made a fix fir WB media players and it works perfectly on the LT-V100 as well.

I wanted an easy way to quickly fix multiple mkv files so they would work on my LT-V100 LinkTheater. This solution works on every mkv in a folder and subfolders. All of the work is not mine, i had problems getting the original batch files i found to work so i just fixed, modified, cut and pasted into new ones which worked for me.

firstly from the matroska website http://www.matroska.org/downloads/mkclean.html is a tool called mkclean. in this download zip is another tool mkWDclean.exe

make a folder and put mkWDclean.exe in it then create a batch file and paste and copy the code below into it.

FOR /F "delims=*" %%A IN ('dir /b /s *.mkv') DO CALL:WDTVFIX "%%A"START "" logging.txtGOTO :eof:WDTVFIXmkWDclean --optimize %~dpnx1 %~dpn1_fixed.mkvif not errorlevel 0 (ECHO Failed on %~nx1 remux! >> logging.txtgoto :eof)ECHO OFFREM remove the REM's below to delete original filesREM if exist "%~dpn1_fixed.mkv" (REM del "%~dpnx1")ECHO Processing of %~nx1 successful! >> logging.txtgoto :eof

Save the batch file and double click to run it. (if you should want to stop it part way through the keyboard shortcut is Ctl-C)

What it does is for every file *.mkv it finds it runs it through mkWDclean and saves the output as *_fixed.mkv
it does not delete the original files unless you remove the REM from the bottom so it reads

FOR /F "delims=*" %%A IN ('dir /b /s *.mkv') DO CALL:WDTVFIX "%%A"START "" logging.txtGOTO :eof:WDTVFIXmkWDclean --optimize %~dpnx1 %~dpn1_fixed.mkvif not errorlevel 0 (ECHO Failed on %~nx1 remux! >> logging.txtgoto :eof)ECHO OFFREM remove the REM's below to delete original filesif exist "%~dpn1_fixed.mkv" (del "%~dpnx1"ECHO Processing of %~nx1 successful! >> logging.txtgoto :eof

This solution works perfectly and all mkvs will now play on your LT-V100 LinkTheater.

Cheers,

Dirk Gardner

sinugba

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 08:54:51 PM »

Hi Dirk,

Your solution work perfectly.

Great job!!!

Cheers,

Chris